Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diablo III BETA announcement!

Options
  • 09-08-2011 6:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

HERE!

Anyone has a key that they dont want please share! PM me! :P

I'll be your friend on FB! :D

*EDIT Don't think you can share 'em as they are tied to existing bnet accounts :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Nothing in my inbox >:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

Beta invites haven't gone out yet

Comment from a Blizzard chap posted today:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/beta-status-update-from-blizzard

Looks like the beta's starting in September

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Just did the opt in on battle.net there as I completly forgot to do it before!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Anyone been lucky getting a beta key for this?
    Care to share your thoughts on the game please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Hey, I've gotten a beta invite. Not much to report really. The beta is very restricted, there is a very limited amount of gameplay available and even that is restricted in that the runes cannot be applied to spell/skill effects so you are basically stuck with the starting spells.

You can probably find more information available online than you can in-game at the moment in terms of information about the spells. In saying that, the starting spells are really fun. I cannot fault any of the skills, at least for the classes that I am interested in (monk, sorceress, barbarian). So far, the game is very polished and incredibly fun. I spoke to a friend who also had beta access who said that there was only about an hour's worth of gameplay available and yet I played for 4 hours on my first play through and incredible fun the entire time.

The story is thus far, incredibly vague, but I get the sense from the story that I _HAVE_ seen thus far, that something incredibly significant was just about to kick off before the beta ended.

I'm not sure what else I can say other than that Diablo 3 is to Diablo 2 as Diablo 2 was to Diablo 1. I hope that makes sense.

Feel free to ask questions though and I'll try to answer you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Been on it a few weeks now.

It's quite fun, it's not terrible or ground-breakingly fantastic.

If you were a Diablo fan in the past, or even a Neverwinter Nights/D&D fan, you'll probably enjoy it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Since when is this an MMO?? :)

I'm avoiding this game simply because of the real money AH, Ha! That'll learn em !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Ivan wrote: »
    I'm not sure what else I can say other than that Diablo 3 is to Diablo 2 as Diablo 2 was to Diablo 1. I hope that makes sense.

That's pretty much all i needed to know. Can't wait for the game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,318 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

nix wrote: »
    Since when is this an MMO?? :)

I'm avoiding this game simply because of the real money AH, Ha! That'll learn em !
    Massive Multiplayer Online; I think it hits all three...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭nix

Its not massive though, massive = hundreds of players on one dedicated server

Diablo has what? cap of 6 ? non dedicated servers, So it aint an MMO :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement