Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan Hire For Electric Picnic

• 09-08-2011 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Well I posted this in the Gigs Forum but might have better luck here,

I am looking for a campervan for electric picnic. My mate has a campervan ticket but can't go, and the camper van he was using is not available to me.

I have done a bit of browsing online and some of the prices quoted have been insane to say the least. €300 per day.

Does anyone have a campervan they would be willing to rent to me for the weekend or know a company that does them at a decent rate.

I was hoping for something along the lines of €50/€70 per day or is that unrealistic.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Is that unrealstic.....in a word Yes,,,nobody that owns a campervan is going to give it to a stranger for the weekend for that kind of money and probably not for any money (like me) if its a private owner you are suggesting...With regards a hire company for that weekend they can name there price and thats how they come up with the crazy price of 300...There was someone on here a few weeks ago with the idea of paying a few hundread euro for a cheap caravan and useing it for E/P and then selling it on after for small money,maybe that would be a option for you,,,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭shanec1928

its against the policy for a private user to rent the camper out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,260 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

No disrespect, but i wouldn't rent you my camper van for the weekend and I wouldn't care how much you paid me.

If that's what all the hire companies are charging then that's the going rate. I agree with Forza with regards to the insurance too..... Its true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

Yes you can hire a caravan at a cheaper cost but you will obviuosly need a tow bar. But tbh you wont get anyone here renting their camper to someone for the EP. It is a great festival enjoy !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bunkabus MIck

You can hire out the Bunkabus for the weekend, you'll need a few friends to make it cheap, but it sleeps 18 people. Its basically a giant mobile hostel. www.bunkabus.com for more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just to add, even if I was willing to hire my camper, the very last place I'd want it to go with a stranger would be a music festival! Not trying to defend the ridiculous prices, but an element of that must be the higher potential for damage and the overall cleanliness of how it comes back (especially if the weather is bad).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,325 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can hire out the Bunkabus for the weekend, you'll need a few friends to make it cheap, but it sleeps 18 people. Its basically a giant mobile hostel. www.bunkabus.com for more

You'd hardly do it for 750 thats the top end of the budget, there's only 5 of us:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bunkabus MIck

You'd hardly do it for 750 thats the top end of the budget, there's only 5 of us:(

If you don't mind sharing the bus, we can see if we can find 5 more people and then it's one big party on the bus. I'd be there the whole time myself to make sure everyone gets on. I'll see what I can do.
    Mick

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭macshadow

Just reading the OP gives me the mental image of someone who wakes up every saturday morning caked in curry chip:D

Advertisement