Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roving Salesforce.com administrator?

Options
  • 09-08-2011 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭

I'm working for Salesforce.com as a support analyst helping administrators solve problems with their SF implementation. I'm a certified SF administrator etc, but it looks like the contact centre is going to be wound up in the next few months, leaving me without a job. I know that quite a few companies use SF in Ireland but most of them don't have their own administrators, unlike the UK where most companies using SF have dedicated admin, generally separate from IT admin.

Anyway, I'm wondering about becoming a 'roving' SF admin, helping Irish companies with issues, encouraging them to expand their utilisation, showing them all the options and doing a bit of informal training to make their lives easier as SF is fairly complex. I have a huge amount of customer service and a bit of training experience so relating to the client won't be an issue, but can anyone suggest how I'd start out? How to approach potential clients? They already get free support from Salesforce, but response time is frankly awful and the training is poor.

I want to be able to go in and help them understand and use Salesforce to do exactly what they want, efficiently and quickly.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭kennedmc

Is this with Stream? What country is all the SFDC support being shipped of to?

If I was you I would retain as many Irish companies using SF you know of "in your head" and then reach out to company principals via LinkedIn etc.

Keep your intro short but explain who you are and the value you can bring especially on a piecemeal approach. Also join SF groups on linkedIn and the SF community. It is also worth checking out the Small Firms Association (SFA) webstie,

Small companies (up to 15 employees) would probably love a service where they can get you for an hour or two on the fly at a competitive rate. I would also recommend getting certified in Hubspot which is a nice fit for SF and other CRMs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

kennedmc wrote: »
    Is this with Stream? What country is all the SFDC support being shipped of to?

It is indeed with Stream. Support is being shipped to Manilla, I'm told. Thanks for your ideas, they're very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ltfc

Please send me a PM. We are a local (small) company with a requirement for a bit of Salesforce support.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭budfox

Hi there.

I googled SFDC Admin and this post came up. Will you PM me as I need a few things to be set up on a new SFDC account.

Thanks,

AJ

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DaveSalesforce

I am also a qualified SF Admin with more than 4 years experience and I have all of the necessary certifications 201,301&401

Are there are other companies out there that require this service or any of the above still require such services? Or indeed even a dedicated company SF Admin, please let me know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement