Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed about getting a UPC phone

• 09-08-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

I Have a Scientific Atlanta Modem with UPC.

I am looking to get a UPC phone soon. Would they need me to get rid of the modem for an all-in-one Router / Modem.

When i was getting the modem installed two years ago the consensus was get the modem as the router solution was not great.

I use my own router with DD_WRT installed to monitor my WAN usage.

Are there are any problems i might run into or can the phone be plugged into my Scientific modem now?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

That modem has phone ports.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,333 ✭✭✭dunworth1

unless your upping you speed to the 50mb or 100mb you will still be using the same modem as there is two phone sockets on the back of the modem and you just plug the phone in there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I've got the scientific atlanta (25 meg) with my own router + phone - no problems.

Advertisement