Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry BBM - blame for the Riots in England

Options
  • 09-08-2011 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

So here I was thinking of buying a Blackberry and discover all those scum in England have been using them to cause the riots..........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

And the same scum wouldn't use whatsapp, liveprofile or iMessage (if it were out) on their iPhone or android device? This seems to me more about people who dont understand social networking and messaging apps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Trolls can use mobiles with their small hands???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭fat-tony

To paraphrase Mr. T - "you need to check the spelling on your sig link sucker!" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Yup, its easily the most popular type of phone over here for teens/young adults, I just don't get it, I hate the things

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

"blame for the riots in england"

That title doesn't make any sense. They are using it as a tool to help in organising getting together, but hardly a reason to take down RIM. Its not their fault that that hoodlums know its an encrypted service

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭DonFred

I didnt mean Blackberry started the riot - I rephase, Blackberrys are being used to organise riots in England.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I blame the phone networks to be honest, maybe you should just not buy a mobile phone at all?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

They'll kick themselves when they hear about tiger text :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Kensington wrote: »
    I blame the phone networks to be honest, maybe you should just not buy a mobile phone at all?

:pac:

I blame literacy. What is it Peter from Family Guy said? "Oh my God: movable printing type. We must keep this from the serfs lest they gain literacy and threaten the landed gentry." :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

So, it's okay when Twitter and BBM are used in Iran or Egypt to organise an uprising, but they're used to organise looting in the UK, they're evil.

Technology is a tool. It's not responsible for the actions of the complete tools pushing the keys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement