Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot Post On Here...

Options
  • 09-08-2011 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi I've had to create a new user name to post here...

I was banned from Donegal Forum, wanted to post on Dispute Resolution, thought I had before the weekend; I went to check the thread today and there was none.
    I then tried posting again and after several attempts could not, so I attempted to post the problem here and again couldn't. I've since logged in as a new user to post.

Real Username: firblog

I'd be grateful if you could sort this please.

Cheers

firblog.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Your original DRP thread is here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=73322785#post73322785

I don't see anything to stop you posting in Helpdesk or DRP, you're not banned from either nor is the Firblog account sitebanned.

What error message did you see?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Firblog_2

Hi Spear,

That was a thread about an infraction a few weeks ago, I haven't been able to post about the ban as of yet, or post about the problem on here as firblog.

I wasn't receiving any error msg: I can login as firblog and see all forums except Donegal - expected as am banned from there - and can get and send pm's. Anytime I try to post/preview what I'm trying to put up as firblog the page doesn't change, I just see my post in the page that I typed up on...

I had thought it was a problem with my connection at home, so tonight I went into work and posted from there as firblog, and again no thread was created on here or the DRP forum; and so I created a new account.

Question: To move things along can I bring my ban up as firblog_2 ?

Cheers for the help

firblog

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

That's a new one at least, if that's any consolation.

There's little point in contesting the ban under the firblog_2 account, since the firblog account will probably still be broken it sounds like.

We'd best get an admin to check your permissions, I'll tag this accordingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭Firblog

Thanks Spear,

Just reset my browser incase there was some strange problem with cookies, just trying to post now to check if it had worked.

Seems to have worked, so I'll be fit to go onto the DRP now to raise my Issue..

Cheers

firblog

After resetting my browser to factory settings (IE) I can now post as firblog on helpdesk.

I have tried again to post on the Dispute Resolution Forum as firblog but cannot, when I type up my new thread and click on the post button, the page seems to refresh and all I see is my post in the edit box.. no new thread is created.

Hope someone can help.

• Advertisement

Have logged on this morning from a different computer (3rd I've tried now) and still cannot post as firblog on DRP.

If it would be helpful I give my password to whomever tries to sort this so that they can see whats happening.

Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement