Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to learn how to use a Sewing Machine in Donegal

Options
  • 09-08-2011 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hi there,

I live in Letterkenny and i would love to learn how to use my sewing machine!

I would like to l know is there anywhere in Donegal where i can go to a sewing class, or someone even willing to give me a tutorial at my house, we could negiociate a fee.

For the classes i don't have a car so i would to have to get a bus there.

I have a good cast iron 1960/70s machine, and not Lidl based.

Thank you for your help,

My sewing machine has spent too long in the cupboard, i need to know how to use it!!!!

Lauren

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

What part of Donegal do you live in? What is your nearest town or village?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Laurenisme

annascott wrote: »
    What part of Donegal do you live in? What is your nearest town or village?

I live in Letterkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭annascott

Sorry for not paying attention. On first glance, I just saw Donegal on your post. There is a clothes alteration shop on LK main street, somewhere near Abrakebabra. I remember seeing the owner working on a heavy framed sewing machine. You could ask them. I think it is a husband and wife. They are probably the best around...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marifi

I could probably teach you how to use your machine. I have an older one myself and think they can be really good, much better than some of the newer ones. I live in Ballybofey, so not too far.

Sorry for not paying attention. On first glance, I just saw Donegal on your post. There is a clothes alteration shop on LK main street, somewhere near Abrakebabra. I remember seeing the owner working on a heavy framed sewing machine. You could ask them. I think it is a husband and wife. They are probably the best around...

No bother at all. I'll have to get time to go up to the town and go in and ask them. I'm sure they would know of someone.

Thanks foe that

Lauren

• Advertisement

I went into the tailor on main street letterkenny to see if they knew of anybody who might teach how to use a sewing machine but no look.

Thanks for the idea though.

Lauren

marifi wrote: »
    I could probably teach you how to use your machine. I have an older one myself and think they can be really good, much better than some of the newer ones. I live in Ballybofey, so not too far.

Hi there,

I have just after seeing your messaage now. Thank you very very much for the offer. That would be really really great!!!

I don't think there is a problem with the machine, as a freind of my mother's had a look at it and it was sewing properly. But she never got around to showing me how to use it. I think it is my inexperience of not knowing how to use the maachine that is the problem.

I can pay you something for showing me how to use it but we can come to an arrangement.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 marifi

I have not looked at this in a while, but I will pm you.

Advertisement