Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Open Day

Options
  • 09-08-2011 9:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭

I heard through a friend that Apple are having an open day in Cork on wednesday or thursday.

Anybody know anything about what day its on or location. I'm out of work at the minute and would love to get more info. Apparently its been advertised on 96fm during the week but I don't listen to it.

I checked online, and on the jobs page of 96 fm but nothing there.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My friend told me it was on thursday 6-9

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Thanks for that, any location ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,410 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Thanks for that, any location ?

I persume hollyhill could be wrong though,I posted in the general randomness thread asking about it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭stephenpalmer

Hi I believe you can't just turn up you have to send your CV in to applehr@apple.com :)

any idea what positions are going?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

any idea what positions are going?
    More then likely general operative but i could be wrong.

I heard the ad on 96 fm,its customer care staff only there looking for with experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭CoalBucket

Just heard the ad myself, its primarily customer service with a foreign language. Although they have some for the UK market.

CoalBucket wrote: »
    Just heard the ad myself, its primarily customer service with a foreign language. Although they have some for the UK market.

nuts,was hoping they'd have some line jobs going,ah well I'll head along anyway I think

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

nuts,was hoping they'd have some line jobs going,ah well I'll head along anyway I think

Let me know how you get on, got word of this too late for my missus to get her cv ready to get over. Do they have these days often?

• Advertisement

Let me know how you get on, got word of this too late for my missus to get her cv ready to get over. Do they have these days often?

Wasn't able to make it up there in the end

• Registered Users Posts: 12 wintercamel

I work in Apple myself and some of the positions available at the moment are:
    Technical support (iOS) German and French

Sales all languages.

Order Management across all languages.

Regional Supply Managers for the Logistics team

SDM Planners

BPR (Business Process Re-Engineer)

German Payroll & French Payroll

Licencing (Admin)

You can send me a message if interested and I can submit the CV to HR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I work in Apple myself and some of the positions available at the moment are:
    Technical support (iOS) German and French

Sales all languages.

Order Management across all languages.

Regional Supply Managers for the Logistics team

SDM Planners

BPR (Business Process Re-Engineer)

German Payroll & French Payroll

Licencing (Admin)

You can send me a message if interested and I can submit the CV to HR.
    I'm sure you only forgot to mention the nice referral bonus payment you'd stand to get for doing this out of the goodness of your heart if someone got hired.

Ok, looks like I should mention that I get an incentive if someone gets hired via referral and stays with the company.
    I guess these jobs are all advertised externally anyway, you can apply from jobs.ie and nobody will get anything (Perhaps the website?).
    I didn't open this thread, someone was looking for Apple jobs, and I had some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

I'm sure you only forgot to mention the nice referral bonus payment you'd stand to get for doing this out of the goodness of your heart if someone got hired.

So what if he gets an incentive???

People need jobs, if he can sort them with one. Then Jobless person gets job = happy, He helps them gets a bonus = happy.

win win situation! Are these like the production where they could fire you on a friday and take you back a week later? or are they some bit full time?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Ok, looks like I should mention that I get an incentive if someone gets hired via referral and stays with the company.
    I guess these jobs are all advertised externally anyway, you can apply from jobs.ie and nobody will get anything (Perhaps the website?).
    I didn't open this thread, someone was looking for Apple jobs, and I had some info.

Steve Jobs?

linfield wrote: »
    Are these like the production where they could fire you on a friday and take you back a week later? or are they some bit full time?

Most of them are permanent, but the Sales one will probably be for the holiday season. Of course they might keep you after if they need people or if you have done exceptionally, but I wouldn't keep my hopes too high for this.

Not sure about production, I know they have spikes and drop on demands and they must be very flexible with headcount, but I think that the "firing" bit is left to some external company to deal with. Perhaps that is the reason why we don't get a lot of production jobs advertised internally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭fando

What about work atmosphere? Would I really have to be:
    incredibly excited ... about best-loved technology on the planet [and work like being on] a mission [and having] a blast [at the same time]?*
    *http://www.jobs.ie/Apple/

I just send my cv but I am not sure if I could jump like those guys from an Apple store I saw on bbc:confused:

You're gonna need to jump only if you work in Apple Stores, and I don't think they will open one in Cork soon. Some enthusiasm helps, but they don't expect you to feel like being on a mission if you are doing office jobs like in any other company.

Advertisement