Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gig Photography Exhibition

• 09-08-2011 9:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

Chatted to many of you here before, and I wonder if I may ask advice etc......

My nephew Aaron Neill, recently was diagnosed with a brain tumor. He is currently undergoing treatment and we are amazed at the staff of the various public facilites he is attending - very overworked, but very amazing people.

As it happens, separate to this, two separate people have talked to me about the idea of a Gig Photography exhibition of some of my work ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/peterneill/collections/72157626150898095/ )
    It struck me that supporting this area with this project could be a great thing to do. Since neither I or my family are neuro surgeons etc, its nice to be able to do something to help in some way.
    So I'm looking into Childrens medical research funds and my brother is making contact with Crumlin on the issue etc.

I'm going to be totally honest here, I will not be able to afford to put 100% of proceeds towards any charity, as my wife and I are severely struggling due to massive cancellations on the wedding front this year due to couples postponing weddings. What I do envisage is committing to a fixed percentage of every sale - the exact figure I dont know yet until I know the costs of doing this, but I'd love to hit at least 30%, hopefully more. Again, I just want to be open here from the very start, I have a responsibility to my own family too so I have to be smart about this.

In Ireland as you all know getting the right people involved is 89% of the battle. In that light, I have tweeted George Hook @ghook
    If you would like to support this effort, please feel free to RT my latest tweet directed at George Hook, I'm @PeterNeillPhoto by the way.

Also I'm open to ideas, venues, questions, thoughts, criticism, anything! I just want to make this work. Very interested to in hearing from anyone working in the field of children's medicine too. Reply here, Dm me or email me on info@peterneill.eu

Finally, If I have broken any posting regulations here, my apologies, I dont think I have, I'm just not sure,

Pete

Comments

Advertisement