Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin via Heathrow to JFK

Options
  • 09-08-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hi I was wondering if the bus that is waiting at the Aer Lingus gate when the plane arrives at heathrow is quick to bring you to Terminal 5? I have a 2 hour connection time so will that be enough time for security at T5, My flight leaving heathrow is at 3:30pm. Im dreading the security part of this flight as Im flying out on 9/11 =/ I know that my bags are checked the whole way through to JFK because the Dublin-Heathrow part is "operated" by BA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Two hours is plenty. It's an Aer Lingus flight to LHR most likely, but your bags are checked through.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

I had an exact same transfer time for T5 for DUB-LHR-HKG back in January, I was nervous about the seemingly tight timings but it was fine, the bus took less than 15 minutes and security was well organised, you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Kev11491

Ok awesome, Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Kev11491 wrote: »
    Hi I was wondering if the bus that is waiting at the Aer Lingus gate when the plane arrives at heathrow is quick to bring you to Terminal 5? I have a 2 hour connection time so will that be enough time for security at T5, My flight leaving heathrow is at 3:30pm. Im dreading the security part of this flight as Im flying out on 9/11 =/ I know that my bags are checked the whole way through to JFK because the Dublin-Heathrow part is "operated" by BA
    Hey, I done this in June but to Newark. The Aer Lingus bus will take you to the terminal 1 bus transfer area where you jump another bus to T5, takes 15-20 mins max. Security wasn't that bad, we maybe queued for 10-15 mins at about 3.30. Overall we had 3 hour layover and had time for several rounds of beers before we had to board :) 2 hours is plenty of time...

awesome, pkay so i should be okay, What way does it work coming back? same way?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

also just to point out it will be the 10yr anniversary of 9-11, so security will be extra careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Coeus

Kev11491 wrote: »
    awesome, pkay so i should be okay, What way does it work coming back? same way?
    Yep, just get the transfer bus to T1 and work your way through the terminal to departure gate if you have your boarding pass.

We had to go to the Aer Lingus desk to pick up our boarding passes, as I didnt have the chance to print them up and they weren't able to give them to us in Philly where we were flying back from...

PCPhoto wrote: »
    also just to point out it will be the 10yr anniversary of 9-11, so security will be extra careful.

Yeah thats what I'm nervous about, Hopefully all the security desks will be open , picked a great day to fly..

Advertisement