Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford Boards Fantasy Football League! Starts 13th August!

Options
  • 09-08-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭

Waterford Boards Fantasy Football League!
    Dunno if we still have one from last year, so I set this one up for a larf.

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

The code to join this league is 194852-306105.

Instructions/How to Play
    • You have a budget of £100m to pick a squad of 15 players from the Barclays Premier League.
    • You MUST pick 15 players, and then choose your starting 11. Pick your starting 11 each Gameweek, choose your captain, and make transfers.
    • Your team is to be made up as follows:
      • 2 Goalkeepers
      • 5 Defenders
      • 5 Midfielders
      • 3 Forwards
    • You can select up to 3 players from a single Barclays Premier League team e.g. You can only have 3 Chelsea players or 3 Arsenal players on your team.
    • If you want to set up a team or join the league, make sure you do it before 13th August at 11:30am. This is also the cut off point for your team for Gameweek 1, but it will keep you on equal standings with everyone else in the league.
    • You can make unlimited transfers to your team right up until the deadline.
    • After Gameweek 1, you get one free transfer per week. Each additional transfer deducts you 4 points.
    • A Wildcard allows you to make unlimited free transfers throughout a Gameweek. You can use up to 2 a season.
    • I'll post the league standings every week when the Gameweek finishes.

Thats really all you need to know. If you've never played before full rules can be found at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/rules/.

Good luck!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm in too.

Who won it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I think it just kinda faded out last year, the thread is floating around somewhere though.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

If the person who set it up last year joins again they can renew the league. That will add back in everyone who participated last year automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭mecco

Sure, I'm in.

Hope we see games this weekends with the riots now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

I'm in.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

I'm only a newbie on here, but I'm in

witless1 wrote: »
    If the person who set it up last year joins again they can renew the league. That will add back in everyone who participated last year automatically.

I think it might be different this year as you now need your email address to sign in. I could be wrong though, I had to re-do the few leagues that i'm in.

Last years leagues can be renewed, but only as long as the original admin for the league requests it. EA Sports jazzed up the whole system for this year and it reset a lot of things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

will this be for cash

• Advertisement

We'd probably get an earful from the boards staff if we threw cash into it....

We'll say its just for fun.League leader gets to post in bold like a mod for the week they're winning.

shame

im very very good at fantasy football

I'm very very **** at fantasy football, but my luck will change this year!

*checks team*

Right so...half my team are on doubtful injuries....bollocks....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭homolumo

I'm very very **** at fantasy football, but my luck will change this year!

*checks team*

Right so...half my team are on doubtful injuries....bollocks....

You can make unlimited changes until Sat

shame

im very very good at fantasy football

I'm lethal at it..but not in terms of gaining points, More in terms of picking players that are just about to get injured and/or lose form..its a talent, albeit a useless one!!

homolumo wrote: »
    You can make unlimited changes until Sat
    Aye I know, its just everytime I do fix the team, the next day I check it and someone is always injured!

I think it's much much harder this year. Time was you could easily fit up to 4 "big" players into your time and still have enough left over to have a strong bench. But now If you have four I doubt you could even fill your squad.

I always used to play three big names up front like Rooney, Van P & Drogba and work the rest of the team around them but its impossible this year.

Makes it better though.

Strong midfield is the way to go this year IMHO.

Torres is a waste of money this year.

Torres is a waste of money this year.

hes an absolute must have in my opinion

I'd say he will click alright, but I'd worry how many gameweeks you'd have to carry him for before it would happen..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭witless1

ziedth wrote: »
    I think it might be different this year as you now need your email address to sign in. I could be wrong though, I had to re-do the few leagues that i'm in.

As Mitch said you can renew them. I think last year (well certainly previous years) they just auto renewed, this year you have to physically go in and say which league you want to renew.

I'm impressed though with the new layout of the site, very easy to see the players opposition and your general line up. Well I suppose that's one less excuse for a poor game week gone :)

witless1 wrote: »
    As Mitch said you can renew them. I think last year (well certainly previous years) they just auto renewed, this year you have to physically go in and say which league you want to renew.

I'm impressed though with the new layout of the site, very easy to see the players opposition and your general line up. Well I suppose that's one less excuse for a poor game week gone :)
    New site looks well alright..must have a look if the mobile version is also improved out of interest

mecco wrote: »
    I'd say he will click alright, but I'd worry how many gameweeks you'd have to carry him for before it would happen..
    But for 11 points? You could get Odemwingie and another 4 points onto a defender/midfielder for that.

If he does become a necessity you could easily wildcard him in.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭TheHumanOnion

mecco wrote: »
    I'm lethal at it..but not in terms of gaining points, More in terms of picking players that are just about to get injured and/or lose form..its a talent, albeit a useless one!!

Let me know who you have in your team, so I can make sure I don't have too many of them :p

If you want to join the league, make sure you do it before 13th August at 11:30am. This is also the cut off point for your team for Gameweek 1.

I'll post the league standings every week when the Gameweek finishes.

Now for what ye think would work...should I cut off the league entry on that date or let it continue for anyone who wants to join randomly? The problem is that if you join during the Premiership your team will be at X week's disadvantage to the other teams in the league.

1. Close entry to the league just as Gameweek 1 begins, keeping every team at level pegging and equal odds fromt he start.
    2. Leave entry open to the league always, but if you join after Gameweek 1 your team all other league teams would have a week's advantage over you and so on.

Any suggestions?

Ya leave it open to whoever wants to join but if it's after gameweek one your at a disadvantage sounds good.

If someone has had a team from before the deadline but only joins the league late, they won't be at a disadvantage so I'd say leave it open too..the more the merrier and all that jazz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

But someone could jump in in October with a team made since the start and be 200 points ahead of the top player. That'd be annoying. I'd say stop people joing after 3 or 4 weeks

True enough actually, that'd be annoying if I was near the top..Based on past performances, I'd say I wont have to worry somehow :)

• Advertisement

How about I remove the code once the deadline hits, and after that anyone can PM me for the code if they want in?

Advertisement