Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

August Weather

Options
  • 09-08-2011 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

Any signs of any hot weather appearing before this 'summer' ends?
    It's a shame we didn't get a decent sunny hot period with clear skies so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

About time you teach yourself on how to read the charts considering how long you've been on here :pac:
    Simple enough to get an idea of the general trend once you pick up the basics

In short, theres no sign of anything good over the next 2 weeks, more windy weather with considerable amounts of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

lol yeah never got round to it :o
    The window of opportunity for hot temperatures will be become less and less I suspect as we near September.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

:pac:Oh will you ever give up on stupid hot weather and do some snow dances !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

hopefully there'll be something
    as bad as the last few summers have been there were still some prolonged sunny, warm spells, this summer has just been bleak:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Harps wrote: »
    About time you teach yourself on how to read the charts considering how long you've been on here :pac:
    Simple enough to get an idea of the general trend once you pick up the basics

Do I hear a teacher in the room? Is that you offering to run a thread on reading charts??? Where can i sign up.. for the basic course please.

• Advertisement

t|nt|n wrote: »
    :pac:Oh will you ever give up on stupid hot weather and do some snow dances !

You're preaching to the choir, I'm just trying to get some vitamin D to see me through the next snowmaggadon. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Blinking_Badger

Really miserable weather here all day in Galway...feels like winter :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭planetX

I'm back in my winter coat. Only difference between summer and winter is that in winter we use the heating and are actually warm:(

eskimocat wrote: »
    Do I hear a teacher in the room? Is that you offering to run a thread on reading charts??? Where can i sign up.. for the basic course please.

Haha I might know the basics but not a chance I'd know enough to do a tutorial!

Netweather have one if you're interested, the first couple of pages at least give you an idea whether it'll be warm/cold, windy/calm etc

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.netweather.tv%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dattach%26section%3Dattach%26attach_id%3D103793&ei=_JVFTrm2MsTBhAfsre2_Bg&usg=AFQjCNFf3Hp8jaW1dqhJn5rUqrFI1sjcOQ&sig2=hPy7hlu_gnIIcYnfdMGCvQ

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭fizzycyst

Haha I might know the basics but not a chance I'd know enough to do a tutorial!

Netweather have one if you're interested, the first couple of pages at least give you an idea whether it'll be warm/cold, windy/calm etc

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=2&ved=0CB8QFjAB&url=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.netweather.tv%2Findex.php%3Fapp%3Dcore%26module%3Dattach%26section%3Dattach%26attach_id%3D103793&ei=_JVFTrm2MsTBhAfsre2_Bg&usg=AFQjCNFf3Hp8jaW1dqhJn5rUqrFI1sjcOQ&sig2=hPy7hlu_gnIIcYnfdMGCvQ

That's really helpful, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

I'm beyond caring at this stage - just want to see the back of this utterly forgettable excuse for a summer:mad::(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,482 ✭✭✭Jpmarn

August most years is a copy cat month. The weather pattern in June and especially July nearly always continues int August. One of the notable exception is 2003. July was normal typical Irish summer weather but we had a heatwave in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Wine Goddess

I was looking fwd to a decent summer to try and take our minds off the dreadful economic situation, but of course got a big fat zero in terms of even a short period of hot sunny weather.....so roll on winter with LOTSA snow! (Cat tiptoes through pigeons.....)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Indo - It's a 'stinker': coolest summer for half a century
    It's been wet, windy and cloudy, so it's not surprising to discover that Ireland is having its coolest summer in nearly half a century.
    And unfortunately, as we edge closer to the end of the month, weather experts say there is virtually no chance of a late reprieve - the final two weeks of August are predicted to be equally disappointing. Official data shows that the summer's top temperatures haven't been so chilly for 46 years - with forecasters branding the summer "a stinker". This summer the highest temperature of 25.5C was at Oak Park, Co Carlow, on June 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

I presume this summer is only wetter than normal in western areas because here in the Dublin area this year has been very dry. At Dublin Airport only Feb and June have seen above normal rainfall (and June was only 8mm above normal!) August, so far has seen only 50% of normal.
    The band of rain approaching here is weakening as usual so I'll only get the usual millimeter or two today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Meanwhile while elsewhere in this tiny country..

The rain in Spain Ireland stays mainly in the plain Northwest....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

Could anybody take a punt on predicting the weather for the first weekend of september? im going to the electric picnic festival in laois and would love to know what to expect..any info would be fantastic..thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Worst summer since 1997

news2,110810.jpg IT’s hardly a surprise that this summer has seen the worst weather in Co Mayo since 1997, writes Majella Loftus.

Met Éireann has revealed that more rain fell at Ireland West Airport Knock during July than at any other weather station in the country. The total rainfall at the airport was 114 millimetres for the month while the highest daily rainfall was 39.9mm, recorded on July 6 last. The lowest average monthly temperature in the country was also recorded at the airport - 13.1 celsius, which was the lowest for the month of July since 2004. Not surprisingly, the weather station in Knock also recorded very little sunshine - only 75 hours in the whole month, which was the worst in 14 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,740 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

Its certainly been the shortest summer I can remember(just looked at the horror that is next weeks weather!!):(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

All this talk of wet and gloomy weather, and yet my face is beet red at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

All this talk of wet and gloomy weather, and yet my face is beet red at the moment

Turn down the sunbed nacho!!

Horrible heavy mist here now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

I see on the farming forecast that so far this August, we only had 30% of our normal rainfall this month for inland south east of the country while further north they are at 110%.

Looking like we might finally get a settled spell after the upcoming low gets out of the way if the charts are to be believed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Looking like we might finally get a settled spell after the upcoming low gets out of the way if the charts are to be believed

Case of too little, too late at this stage.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

warm sunny weather as ususal for the back to school period

Advertisement