Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gibson Robot LP Studio LTD Electric Guitar (Metallic Green)

Options
  • 10-08-2011 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

just wondering what peoples opinions are on these guitars..
    anyone own one? as people may know there 1/2 price in waltons at the moment and just wondering if there worth it at that price. have'nt played one myself but previously owned a standard les paul studio and was not a huge fan and have since sold it... i currently own a gibson es-137 and a gibson studio 60's tribute les paul(which by the way is an unbelievable guitar for the money!!) so it wouldnt be my first gibson but would like to know if this is worth adding to the collection at the price? (799euro)

cheers
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,647 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

It depends really, from the one's I've played they're no better than a normal studio, they just have the tuning system.

If you're changing your tunings constantly for different songs, like if you're in a cover band then yeah it's a great idea and could save you from bringing more than one guitar.

Other than that just get a studio and be happy with the extra cash you have.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭dermo909

I know 2 people with robot les pauls and both guitars have been back to gibson as the tuning system failed! One stopped charging and the other would'nt tune but would charge properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Even if the tuning system broke, you're still left with a Les Paul Studio for €800.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 slick123

Cheers for d reply lads. Bought d les paul standard today which was half price in waltons, steal for 950€! Asked d guy in there about d robots, think he used to work for gibson and said there heaps of crap!

Advertisement