Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering of Komplett??

Options
  • 10-08-2011 6:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭

I'm very close to building my PC now. I've selected all the components (and its a beast!) and I can't wait to order it and start putting it together.

Most of what I need is on komplett for reasonable price (not much different from UK websites and delivery is free). I also like how you can collect the stuff from their warehouse (which isn't too far away from my place) and pay them there by laser.

Do you guys think its a good idea getting my components of komplett? I'm planning on getting the motherboard, i7 2600k, PSU, case, ram and HDD off them.

I've heard stories of how they're horrible to deal with and such... Do you think it'll be a good idea to order the stuff off komplett or should I order it off somewhere else?

They don't have the cooler and GPU I need so I'll have to order that from overclockers.co.uk or scan.co.uk separately too...

I'm just not very comfortably ordering something worth more than a grand over the internet and I like the komplett thing of paying by laser at the warehouse...

What would you guys say? Can you trust komplett to buy your major PC components off them??

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

They used to be held in a very high regard here on boards but they managed to mess it up by letting their service go to crap. Regardless of their service, I wouldn't give them my money any more out of principle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

I only ordered two things from them few months ago, 40" telly and laptop ram, and both arrived in two days no probs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've ordered a lot of things from Komplett in the past - and had a couple of RMAs with them too - so far, they've actually had the least problems of anyone I've had to deal with. I've heard all the horror stories too, but I've never had an ounce of trouble from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Wouldn't order off Komplett unless I was really desperate, they have really gone to pot. FWIW, ordering with your credit card is much safer than laser!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

I don't have a credit card. I've recently set up a Paypal account though so can use that.

I guess I can order the case off them as there usually is nothing that can go wrong with the case...

Would you guys say its a bad idea to order the mobo, processor, PSU and ram off them??

What do you guys say about overclockers.co.uk and scan.co.uk service is like? How fast is their delivery and how good is their customer service?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I've used all three. Scan can be a bit of a pain to get set up - it kept forgetting my account details - but service-wise, I've used them all within the last year and they've all been great. I'll probably recommend OCers.co.uk as a favourite, but their prices are a bit higher than the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Scan are very quick with delivery, 2 days the last time I used them, prices are keen also especially on the TodayOnly page. Also you can get reduced shipping if you are an Avforums member. You will have to ring them to avail of the reduced shipping and setting up your account etc. which is a right pain but only has do be done once.

Also Komplett don't accept Paypal,O2moneycards or 3v cards.....useless bunch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Price wise their parts are a tad expensive have you tried Elara instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I've ordered from Komplett a few times, most recently 4 months ago. They always seemed fast & reliable to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Ordered parts off komplett last month they arrived on time and in perfect condition so no complaints.

• Advertisement

justryan wrote: »

I don't have credit card to order of elara. Just laser and paypal.

I like how you can pay komplett when you collect the stuff from their warehouse by laser.

I think I might save myself the trouble of dealing with shipping and everything and go ahead and buy the stuff from komplett. They have most of what I need.

Only worry would be if something goes wrong it'ld be a pain to deal with...

They don't have the mobo, GPU and cooling I need so I might order that from overclockers or scan.co.uk...

I'ld say I should be fine getting the case, RAM, processor and HDD off them. Like they should hopefully not give much trouble... All good brands and stuff...

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭trev179

I wouldnt use komplett again , Ordered a new 500gb hdd for my ps3 a couple of months ago long story short it took two months to arrive :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

justryan wrote: »

I don't have credit card to order of elara. Just laser and paypal.

I like how you can pay komplett when you collect the stuff from their warehouse by laser.

I think I might save myself the trouble of dealing with shipping and everything and go ahead and buy the stuff from komplett. They have most of what I need.

Only worry would be if something goes wrong it'ld be a pain to deal with...

They don't have the mobo, GPU and cooling I need so I might order that from overclockers or scan.co.uk...

I'ld say I should be fine getting the case, RAM, processor and HDD off them. Like they should hopefully not give much trouble... All good brands and stuff...

Last time I ordered with Elara I paid by laser, built a media centre pc round this time last year. If your looking for quality branded parts I would go with them.

Well, too bad elara doesn't really have most of the components I'm looking for...
    They do have the mobo though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,002 ✭✭✭Komplett-Tech: Ryan

trev179 wrote: »
    I wouldnt use komplett again , Ordered a new 500gb hdd for my ps3 a couple of months ago long story short it took two months to arrive :mad:

Can you let me know your order number and i'll look in to this for you.

Hey Ryan, if you don't mind could you make sure this CPU cooler will fit on the LGA1155 mobo?
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/13_COOLERS/03_CPU/productdetails/15576171/Noctua_NH_C12P_SE14_Processor_cooler_(_Socket/NH_C12P_SE14/default.aspx

It says on Noctua's website that it should but doesn't say so on Komplett's website...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

Hey Ryan, if you don't mind could you make sure this CPU cooler will fit on the LGA1155 mobo?
    http://www.komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_01COM/13_COOLERS/03_CPU/productdetails/15576171/Noctua_NH_C12P_SE14_Processor_cooler_(_Socket/NH_C12P_SE14/default.aspx

It says on Noctua's website that it should but doesn't say so on Komplett's website...

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_gen&products_id=35&lng=en#LGA1155

It fits mate, also read some OC results using i5-2500 with this cooler so socket 1155 supported. Interested myself.. this Intel stock cooler looks..funny! :D
    fragile, maybe we can buy together and Ryan givs us discount? get 2 for 120eur what you say Ryan? :) I can pick up from Blanch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

2s7douh.jpg

:P

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Deaddude wrote: »
    2s7douh.jpg

:P

Noticed that myself and thought it was a bit odd. Was gonna screen cap it for you laugh, you lose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Haha well feel free to take that one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

oh dear, looks like Ryans account has been closed. wonder if it had something to do with that thanks?

looks like komplet hasn't pulled out of boards, cause Komplett: Mairead is still active and verfied rep.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    oh dear, looks like Ryans account has been closed. wonder if it had something to do with that thanks?

He's left komplett, posted about it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056348153

deconduo wrote: »
    He's left komplett, posted about it here:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056348153
    Yea just after reading that and its a shame. Let's hope he returns as a normal poster. His knowledge, as with everyone here, is invaluable.

Advertisement