Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I install Zyxel firmware on eircom p-660hw-t1 v3?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭

Hi

I was just wondering if it is possible to install Zyxel firmware on an eircom p-660hw-t1 v3 router? The reason being I would like to use the bandwidth monitor on the Zyxel firmware so I can track usage from the router as apposed to the PC.

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Hi cyberhog,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay replying.

I've checked with Technical Support and it's not possible to update or install Zyxel firmware on the P-660HW, from any source, other than from eircom Technical Support.

The current firmware version on eircom's Zyxel P-660Hw doesn't have additional features like bandwidth monitoring. This may change in the future. Alternatively, we may indeed change these modems down the line, though isn't for me to decide.

There are a wide range of routers available at the moment, that do offer the facility to monitor bandwidth directly and you may wish to look into this. eircom's current routers are standard and allow for basic setup (LAN), in the main over PPPoE, with features such as general maintenace and security options (firewall).

The current firmware version on the Zyxel P-660HW is 370BOE2D0
    If you need to update this please contact Technical Support:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Ant

Hi cyberhog,

Thanks for your query and apologies for the delay replying.

I've checked with Technical Support and it's not possible to update or install Zyxel firmware on the P-660HW, from any source, other than from eircom Technical Support.

The current firmware version on eircom's Zyxel P-660Hw doesn't have additional features like bandwidth monitoring. This may change in the future. Alternatively, we may indeed change these modems down the line, though isn't for me to decide.

There are a wide range of routers available at the moment, that do offer the facility to monitor bandwidth directly and you may wish to look into this. eircom's current routers are standard and allow for basic setup (LAN), in the main over PPPoE, with features such as general maintenace and security options (firewall).

The current firmware version on the Zyxel P-660HW is 370BOE2D0
    If you need to update this please contact Technical Support:

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (lowcall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (Mon - Sun).

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Kind regards,

Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 DanyEhrenbrink

... That the latest version is: V3.70(BOE.3)D0 | 03/30/2010.
    The date clearly shows that it could have been known.
    Just to confirm, this is the router we are talking about:

Model Number: P-660HW-T1 v3

That said, the firmware cannot be upgraded by regular firmware which would address a few issues with the devices. As the latest version is 3.70(BJZ7)I0_20110421 which has been published by the Zyxel UK support.
    When does Eircom start doing service and provide a firmware update that the eircom bundled version of the Zyxel modem does except ?

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭DRose1

Bump.

Do you still have to contact Eircom support to get the new firmware?

Having issues with drops etc late in the evening for a while now and I was hoping to try the new firmware to see if it made any difference...

I am still on:

V3.70(BOE.3)D0 | 03/30/2010.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 peaceful1

I have a P-660HW-T1 v3 its using V3.70(BYD.1) | 02/11/2010.
    when I try to update it to 3.70(BJZ.10)C0 the update fails to succeed.
    what should I do?

• Advertisement

DRose1 wrote: »
    Bump.

Do you still have to contact Eircom support to get the new firmware?

Having issues with drops etc late in the evening for a while now and I was hoping to try the new firmware to see if it made any difference...

I am still on:

V3.70(BOE.3)D0 | 03/30/2010.

Thanks DRose1,

It is best to contact eircom Technical Support in this regards.

The reason for this is :
    The Zyxel modem is customised to specific eircom settings. The firmware updates should only be downloaded from eircom -

http://broadbandsupport.eircom.net/download/

It is slightly confusing as all the ZyXEL P-660** (series) updates start with using V3.70

The latest version ends with BOE4DO - The ZyXEL P-660HW also uses the Zynos OS, as opposed to the ZyXEL P-660HN which uses a Linux OS.

Therefore updating the wrong firmware may not be compatible, depending on the operating system.

The firmware updates must be downloaded from eircom and they must be installed in sequence. For example, it is not be possible to update with the latest firmware, without having the previous update version installed on the modem already.

Once you contact Technical Support they will be able to advise you on your current firmware and they can upload the firmware remotely there and then.

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Let me know if I can help you further on this.

Ant

peaceful1 wrote: »
    I have a P-660HW-T1 v3 its using V3.70(BYD.1) | 02/11/2010.
    when I try to update it to 3.70(BJZ.10)C0 the update fails to succeed.
    what should I do?

Thanks peaceful1,

Please refer to my previous post. If you need further technical assistance with updating the ZyXEL P-660HW firmware, contact Technical Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Advertisement