Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PS3 to PC Monitor?

• 10-08-2011 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭

Any ideas on how to hook my ps3 to my PC monitor? Can it even be done?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

If your monitor has a dvi port or hdmi, it's easy. Just get a hdmi to dvi convertor(only a few quid on ebay), my tv from a few years back was dvi only and i'd no problems with it. Should be grand for picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭Sonovagun

No my monitor has no input ports. Only had the cable to the PC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

First off, you need to check if your monitor is HDCP compatible. The PS3 uses this as a sort of protection for the HD content. If it doesn't support HDCP, you won't be able to use it as a display for the PS3. If it does support it, look for a HDMI or a DVI port and work from there (if it's the latter, you can use the cable that AnCapaillMor suggested).

Good luck :)

My Monitor has a VGA connection. I don't think theres an adapter to connect it to a ps3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I had this same problem a while back. What you need is a PS3 VGA cable.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/AV-HDTV-TV-PC-monitor-VGA-component-cable-Wii-PS3-/160628236363?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item256630604b

No HDCP support required and it supports up to 1080p providing your monitor is compatible.

Don't be tempted to buy HDMI -> VGA cables or the like. They won't work as the PS3 outputs a digital signal and there are few if any VGA monitors that accept a digital input.

• Advertisement

I had this same problem a while back. What you need is a PS3 VGA cable.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/AV-HDTV-TV-PC-monitor-VGA-component-cable-Wii-PS3-/160628236363?pt=UK_Video_Games_Cables_and_Adaptors&hash=item256630604b

No HDCP support required and it supports up to 1080p providing your monitor is compatible.

Don't be tempted to buy HDMI -> VGA cables or the like. They won't work as the PS3 outputs a digital signal and there are few if any VGA monitors that accept a digital input.

No i don't think that will work. Theres no port on my monitor, just a lead. I need a way to connect my VGA cable to the PS3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Sonovagun wrote: »
    No i don't think that will work. Theres no port on my monitor, just a lead. I need a way to connect my VGA cable to the PS3
    The cable comes with a gender changer. You just connect cable to cable.

Thank you, just ordered one!

Advertisement