Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place online to buy electrical components?

• 10-08-2011 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Had a look in Maplin and couldn't find what i needed. The guy there told me about a website called Radionics which seems to be pretty good. Just wondering if there are any other ones that would be worth looking into? I'm wondering if there's any Irish based websites that would be good value or even if you know somewhere around Dublin that i could get components for cheap let me know. I just want them for homemade projects so i'm not too fussy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

JuneBug29 wrote: »
    Had a look in Maplin and couldn't find what i needed. The guy there told me about a website called Radionics which seems to be pretty good. Just wondering if there are any other ones that would be worth looking into? I'm wondering if there's any Irish based websites that would be good value or even if you know somewhere around Dublin that i could get components for cheap let me know. I just want them for homemade projects so i'm not too fussy.

Your pretty much stuck with Radionics I'm afraid, there's one called farnell too but they have a minimum order amount etc...

Maplin aren't bad for stuff like resistor kits, they can be quite cheap, also do assortments of capacitors etc, so might be handy to pick up some of these anyway.

What sort of components are you looking for? I'll see what i've lying around probably have something that might do for some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭JuneBug29

Your pretty much stuck with Radionics I'm afraid, there's one called farnell too but they have a minimum order amount etc...

Maplin aren't bad for stuff like resistor kits, they can be quite cheap, also do assortments of capacitors etc, so might be handy to pick up some of these anyway.

What sort of components are you looking for? I'll see what i've lying around probably have something that might do for some of it.

Thanks for the reply. I'm only looking for 5 components. They are -

0.1uf capacitor
    10k resistor
    4.7mf electrolytic capacitor
    IN914 diode
    MPSA13 transistor

The last two were the ones that Maplin didn't have. Radionics looks pretty good though. They seem to have everything i'm looking for including footswitches, jack sockets, etc. I will look up the other site you mentioned too. Cheers :)

Advertisement