Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christina Perri No 1 on iTunes

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

Anyone heard of this girl before? Was looking on the iTunes charts and shes number 1 :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Stevo2007 wrote: »
    Anyone heard of this girl before? Was looking on the iTunes charts and shes number 1 :eek:
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭WinstonOno

think avril lavigne with tattoos, piano ballady stuff that has been done to death, avoid like the plague.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ferrob360

brilliant song, pay no attention to above comment...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

WinstonOno wrote: »
    think avril lavigne with tattoos, piano ballady stuff that has been done to death, avoid like the plague.

meh, if anything it is rather refreshing to see a young musician/songwriter actually getting some exposure as opposed to someone just standing behind a mic singing a song written by someone else.

The only song of hers I have heard is Jar of Hearts, but good job imo.

her music is bland, formalitic, and marketed solely for young teenage girls who are having their first relationships. example of lyrics from said song

Who do you think you are?
    Runnin' 'round leaving scars
    Collecting your jar of hearts
    And tearing love apart
    You're gonna catch a cold
    From the ice inside your soul
    So don't come back for me

anyone over 17 that listens to this tripe needs help

• Advertisement

her music is bland, formalitic, and marketed solely for young teenage girls who are having their first relationships. example of lyrics from said song

Runnin' 'round leaving scars
    Collecting your jar of hearts
    And tearing love apart
    You're gonna catch a cold
    From the ice inside your soul
    So don't come back for me

anyone over 17 that listens to this tripe needs help

As I said, it is good to see a young musician,songwriter getting some exposure, doesn't matter that the lyrics are quite innocent, in five or six years time if she is still about she won't be writing the same type of lyric.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

OPENROAD wrote: »
    As I said, it is good to see a young musician,songwriter getting some exposure, doesn't matter that the lyrics are quite innocent, in five or six years time if she is still about she won't be writing the same type of lyric.

did she steal that from Spice Girls or is she very cleverly referencing it?
    E

4Sheets wrote: »

did she steal that from Spice Girls or is she very cleverly referencing it?
    E

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭Chris Hansen

Great lyrics and refreshing young image, great to see frankly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

• Advertisement

4Sheets wrote: »

Yes I am aware of the song sadly :p still :confused:

OPENROAD wrote: »
    shes 25 by the way, not that young. This music just seems so calculated. record companies push this type of music coz it sells. young teenage girls are probably the highest music buyers (especially for single songs on itunes). hence the reason the charts are full of your katy perrys, beyonces, girl bands, boy bands. wat are these young girls going through?? relationships, break ups, make ups, watever. hence record companies push "young" artists, with "edgy" images, singin bout topics that are relavent to them. i gaurantee there are thosands of more talented musicans out ther that dont get a chance coz they dont fit the criteria or play the game. christina perri was made in a board room by business men.

also, in 5 or 6 years time, she wont be anywhere to be seen, replaced by the next boardroom invention, singing the very same stuff

shes 25 by the way, not that young. This music just seems so calculated. record companies push this type of music coz it sells. young teenage girls are probably the highest music buyers (especially for single songs on itunes). hence the reason the charts are full of your katy perrys, beyonces, girl bands, boy bands. wat are these young girls going through?? relationships, break ups, make ups, watever. hence record companies push "young" artists, with "edgy" images, singin bout topics that are relavent to them. i gaurantee there are thosands of more talented musicans out ther that dont get a chance coz they dont fit the criteria or play the game. christina perri was made in a board room by business men.

Oh I know, to be honest I agree with most of your post,I have only heard the one song, to be honest I don't know all that much about her, I just felt it was rather refreshing to see someone that can actually play an instrument and is actually writing. You don't really see that much these days.

Who knows how she will progress as a songwriter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

As commercial as it is, the track isn't half bad compared to the usual tripe on charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't really see anything 'edgy' about her. It's all very bland. Also, I don't know why people are saying that it's so "refreshing" to see a singer-songwriter in the charts as if it's been decades since that happened - Amy Winehouse, Lily Allen, Adele were/are all singer-songwriters and sh*t all over this girl in terms of songwriting abilities (Lily Allen and Amy Winehouse anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 86,878 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Advertisement