Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Offer this time round sports sceince

Options
  • 10-08-2011 10:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hey I didnt get any offers this year I really want to do sports sceince and physical education in UCC goin try again next year any tips or courses I could go on to increase my chances of getting in next year thanks :mad::mad:

there is always next year :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Hey :)
    Have you gotten any feedback on your application yet? If not, ring them and ask, and it'll highlight the areas you might need to improve on like if it was lack of practical experience it can be rectified by volunteering in the field, or if it's a weak area academically that can be dealt with through a course during the year. UCC run an access program that's supposed to be very good, (I don't know too much about it, I'm afraid), and doing something like that can strengthen any weak areas in your academic application while showing you're dedicated and preparing to return to studies.
    Also over the year, if you get a chance 3have a few mock interviews, I was given feedback once that on paper I was great, but in the interview I seemed to lack confidence and my answers ranged from too broad to too abrupt. They're usually looking for concise answers that are informative but not waffly, and interview practice I had helped me hugely in getting that right.
    Best of luck!
    Jess

Advertisement