Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike choice for NZ

• 10-08-2011 10:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I'm think I'm New Zealand bound in the next couple of months. I'll be heading more or less straight there. I think I'll buy a bike when I get there and give myself a few weeks to have a good nose around before I settle to find work.

Bikes there appear to be 50%-100% more expensive :eek: so I'll end up selling my Busa here to give me a budget for a lesser bike. I'll need it to tour about initially but then use it as daily transport thereafter.

I was thinking about an SV1000. Something like this? http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/motorbikes/sports/auction-393763868.htm

Any opinions or other suggestions? Bear in mind that I'm 6'4" and not the skinniest guy ever.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Honda Firestorm?

Cheaper than the SV, better built being a handy, and easier to fix being carb'd not FI.

Plus it's bigger in physical size than the SV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I had a garry off a 650 yesterday and felt it fit pretty well. I would have thought the Firestorm would have been similar. I might have a look around and see if I can find one for sit on.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Would you consider transporting your bike over? I think it can be done for about €1000ish but takes 2 months... you'd definately make your money back on it i think, especially on a busa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think I might try that actually. I'm after sending a few emails with regard to finding out the cost of shipping and the cost of import duties etc

Do you have any knowledge of how it all works?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭tiernanobrien

Have a look on this... http://www.biker.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=135150&highlight=transport+australia

Should be much the same. I have no experience on it myself just remembered seeing the thread. Ask on the site!

• Advertisement
Advertisement