Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PARKING....??

Options
  • 10-08-2011 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey, was wondering could anyone tell me what is the situation with parking on the UL campus things like -- cost, permits etc.., where to park, how early should you be there to get a space....

1st year Mature student....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

lots of free parking, handiest parking is in-front of the comp science building, its free, but you'd want to be there before 8:20, there is free parking behind the schuman building, usually can get a space there up to 8:50am

there are lots of overflow carparks always with space at 3euros a day, that you put into a little machine at the railing on the way out. are...main one is in-front of court yard area...there's also free parking up around the arena, but it can be quite a walk away from classes!!,

mature student myself just going into second year, so good luck with it all...

also, youll see after you get your time table and where your classes are located and you can park accordingly for best/fastest place for get into your car for getting home in the evening. traffic is crazy in the winter nights !

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭heresjohnnie

I'd say earlier for the Scuman car park, there is also the free one across the Living Bridge, although its some walk in the rain (lovely in nice weather though).

If you dont have a 9am lecture, you need to forget free parking I'm afraid - unless you get lucky with people leaving the free spaces through the day. But the €3 car park by the student building fills up pretty early, so if you arrive for a 10 or 11am lecture, you may need to go to the other pay car park - there are always spaces there! Be careful with the main pay car park though, if there are no spaces you still need to pay the three euro to get out and could be clamped if you park outside of a space - was a victim of this injustice before myself! =[

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AllthetimeQnoA

iPwnage.... thanks a lot for the heads up much appreciated ..
    last bit of bit of info i wasnt sure on before i take the big leap....!

cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 AllthetimeQnoA

@heresjohnnie.... good to know thank you..

havnt got my timetable but im fairly sure most my course/lectures are from 9 on wards... cant wait to start and find out really looking forward to it.... i wouldnt mind joining the gym 2.. go early most mornings (hopefully get free parking)then cause thanks to study im sure evenings would be out of the question...

anyways thanks for tips

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

@heresjohnnie.... good to know thank you..

havnt got my timetable but im fairly sure most my course/lectures are from 9 on wards... cant wait to start and find out really looking forward to it.... i wouldnt mind joining the gym 2.. go early most mornings (hopefully get free parking)then cause thanks to study im sure evenings would be out of the question...

anyways thanks for tips

no bother, any questions pm me if you like, Im 31...and not the oldest in my class! :D but know whats it like to be out of the school loop for a long time !
    the gym is good also, i use it alot, you can get a term membership for 100 so not too bad !

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭swingking

I'm a graduate from UL. Leaving in the next 2 weeks after working on my thesis all summer.

Parking is a nightmare if you are not early. Don't park in the staff car parks, you'll get clamped.

Just to let people know, the code for the overflow carpark is 1916 (car park beside CSIS building)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭ImDave

^ I wonder how long it will take them to change it now?! Actually, I think more people know that code than do pay to exit.

Advertisement