Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business, economics or accountancy

• 10-08-2011 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Which one is the easiest
    and most fun subject to do for the leaving

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭LilMissCiara

mr person wrote: »
    Which one is the easiest
    and most fun subject to do for the leaving

The word easy shouldn't, and to be honest doesn't, come in to any Leaving Cert subject. To do well it equals a hell of a lot of work.

I only did business from the 3 and I found it very enjoyable as the stuff could be applied to daily life which makes it a more 'real' subject than accountancy and economics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I did all 3 and tbh its all about personal preference.

If you like learning things off - business
    If you prefer to understand and apply concepts - economics
    If you're good with numbers and willing to put a lot of effort into a subject - accounting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81 ✭✭luciemc

AdamD wrote: »
    I did all 3 and tbh its all about personal preference.

If you like learning things off - business
    If you prefer to understand and apply concepts - economics
    If you're good with numbers and willing to put a lot of effort into a subject - accounting

I was tricked into doing accounting because I was good at maths and hated every minute of it. Your grade really depends on how much work you put in, I disliked it too much to ever open the book and it will be my worst result by far.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

What course did you pick after doing all 3? As I got all 3 but i want to change something scienccy as Im interested in business & dentistry,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,666 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Will find out on Monday mate :P

• Advertisement

oh good luck so :) wa did you find the most intersting I just love Business :L

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Pre Judas

Having done business and Economics, I would recommend Economics - but it depends on you. If you're a visual learner who can remember graphs/diagrams easily enough and you've no major problem learning lots of short pieces of information, Economics is for you. It also helps if you're good at seeing the 'the bigger picture' and and know how to link the new things you learn to the older stuff...which really applies to all subjects :rolleyes:

With Business, like another poster said, there's a lot to learn! If you're good at learning off essays or long pieces of information, Business is for you.

Good luck! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Sunny!!

Economics would have to be the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 519 ✭✭✭flyaway.

I did Business. It's a good subject in the sense that there's nothing you really have to work at understanding but it still takes a LOT of work. There's loads to learn and the timing in the exam is very tight. If you do Business, study and keep up from the very first day, and practice loads of exam questions and you'll be fine. I didn't do the other two subjects so can't give an opinion on them but if I was back choosing again, I'd still go for Business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭bscm

I found Business probably the fairest subject for the Leaving in that, having sat it for the JC, it was mainly an expansion on what I had studied. It's not the hardest subject, just learning off and being able to give examples of situations/relationships etc. Nothing is overly confusing and the only 'math' are the ratios, insurance and wages (the 'math' was less detailed compared to JC Business IMO).

It's the type of subject you could learn at home (if you decide to choose another but want to keep this up), there's no coursework to be signed off and everything you need to know comes from the textbook. It's 7 Units long (Unit 2 is a chapter long and can be done in a day no problem). The only thing you need a teacher for would be to mark your ABQ's (Applied Business Questions, essentially a business comprehension) and other questions for feedback.

I thought the worst part was the timing in the exam, we all thought that they desperately need to add at least another 20/30 mins

• Advertisement

why is there 2 papers for business at Jc?

Advertisement