Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sleepless Nights

Options
  • 10-08-2011 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Im sorry for asking so many questions... Just one more :D

Is it normal to be waking up maybe 2-3 times a night??

Also im 6 weeks today, and last night I woke up in a pool of sweat like ive never experienced before!!

Please tell me this is normal and will bugger off soon?? I neeeeeeeeeeeed to sleep!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I woke up the same amount when I was 6 weeks had to pee!! Also woke up a few times very warm or sweating not sure if its normal but I didn't worry about it and everything is fine with me now 16 weeks :) don't wake in the night now maybe just once to pee. Good advice form my sister was to pee just before you go to bed but to put your elbows on your knees and lean forward as much as possible when peeing empties the bladder better. I wouldn't worry about things like this the stress will be worse for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭foxinsocks

Waking up to pee a few times a night is 100% normal, as are the night sweats. For me, the night sweats stopped around week 16, but I'm sure many expectant mothers put up with them for the duration.

I'm at 26 weeks now, and still wake up at least once, sometimes twice during the night to pee. Try not to drink very late at night, but make sure you're getting enough fluid during the day!

But:
    Waking up to pee could also be a sign of gestational diabetes (unlikely, but possible) so make sure to ask your gp or your obstetrician if you are worried or if you have any of the risk factors (eg: a parent with diabetes, or being overweight) It's just a blood test to check for it, but I'm sure they won't even test for it for a few months yet.

Gestational diabetes usually shows up quite a bit later on than you currently are, so it's almost certainly just a sign of a normal healthy pregnancy!

Advertisement