Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Lessons Waterford Area

• 10-08-2011 11:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭

Anybody recommend somebody for Golf Lessons around waterford?? On the subject of which anybody know much about this chap ???http://www.ianstjohngolf.com/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

My younger son (13) is a junior member of Williamstown Municipal Golf Club and the club uses Ian St. John for the juniors golf lessons- group. I don't know about adult lessons.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Crusty Blaa

I'm not sure if he still does them, but I got lessons off Derry Kiely a few years ago and he is very thorough and a hell of a nice guy to boot. He was the pro in Tramore at the time but has since moved on to Faithlegg. Might be worth giving him a call to see if he is still providing lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Derek kiely? Thanks mum, does he find it good. According to website he teaches adults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Woodgate

If you are starting out and just want to give it a go to see if you like it, then I would say try Colm Carew out at the Newtown driving range in tramore, he's the low cost way to get started, nice guy and good starting point.

Never heard of St. John, Jame Funnell at Waterford Castle is excellent (that's who i go to), also heard that Derry is good aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭Yes Boss

I got lessons from the 3 of the 4 people named by 'woodgate' and i would rate them as follows:

1. Jame Funnell at Waterford Castle
    2. Derry Kiely at Faithlegg

3. Colm Carew.

If you have any specific questions - PM me. The best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭decies

Have had some from number 3 all right a few years ago.

Advertisement