Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Batman Show in the O2

Options
  • 10-08-2011 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I am currently in the midst of an indepth discussion / argument with my friend.

We are both attending the first night of the Batman Show in the O2.

I want to dress up for the occasion. My friend is advising strongly against it and thinks that I will be the only adult dressing up on the night.

Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Never mind your friend; ask yourself:

What would Batman do?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SandyG4U

Zulu wrote: »
    Never mind your friend; ask yourself:

What would Batman do?

I like it. Batman would do what is right. And I think dressing up is the right thing to do!! Thank you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,096 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ofc do it if you want to, have a good night!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Do me a favor & come back here a post a pic please?

Also, if you'd post a review I'd really appreciate it. I was afraid to buy a ticket, because I figured it'd be pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,624 ✭✭✭bren2001

I am going on the first night myself, have no intentions on dressing up. Was at Star Wars a few months back, plenty of people dressed up. Dont think annoyed looked at the funny. In fact I applauded most peoples attempt. Do it. I will however resign myself to my Batman/Superman t-shirt which inevitably I will have won that week and forget to wash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,709 ✭✭✭SteM

Contact him on Twitter and ask him - @God_Damn_Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 4,732 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

Compromise: Wear an expensive suit and if anyone thinks you look out of place and remarks as much, say you're dressed as Bruce Wayne. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Rewind Festival, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Henry Winkler, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, ABBA Voyage, St. Vincent, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any views on the show.

Just back. If you want to see a good play dont go to batman live. If you want a bit of fun and some batman action then it delivers. There is a easily predictable plot, some good villans (notable the Joker is excellent) and one twist at the end. Lots of acrobatics, so be prepared. I really enjoyed it. Loads of kids dressed up in batman suits and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Thats brill, my husband is going with our 7 year old on Saturday night. He doesn't know hes going yet. Must make sure to put his Batman suit in the car! Is there a lot of expensive merchandise at it? Need to give him a few bob to buy something to remember it by.

• Advertisement

SlimCi wrote: »
    Thats brill, my husband is going with our 7 year old on Saturday night. He doesn't know hes going yet. Must make sure to put his Batman suit in the car! Is there a lot of expensive merchandise at it? Need to give him a few bob to buy something to remember it by.

There is lots of crap at it yea. T shirts for 20 odd euro, capes for 12, masks for 5, program for 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

I went last night and really enjoyed it. Plenty of cheese but good fun. Thought the first half was a bit slow but the second half was excellent and overall a really enjoyable evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭heyheyhey1982

hey just wondering if anyone can tell me what time its over? have to collect the family later.

hey just wondering if anyone can tell me what time its over? have to collect the family later.

About 10:15

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Anyone else have tickets for a 12pm show tomorrow? Says 12 on mine but all the websites say 4 and 8! They were comps.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,642 ✭✭✭✭wolfmoon87

The 12 o'clock show was cancelled.
    I originally had tickets for that show, but I recieved an email from Ticketmaster asking me to ring them. They told me the 12 o'clock was cancelled. I changed to the 4 o'clock show.

Ring them tomorrow and see if you can change it for the 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock show, or get a refund maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

wolfmoon87 wrote: »
    The 12 o'clock show was cancelled.
    I originally had tickets for that show, but I recieved an email from Ticketmaster asking me to ring them. They told me the 12 o'clock was cancelled. I changed to the 4 o'clock show.

Ring them tomorrow and see if you can change it for the 4 o'clock or 8 o'clock show, or get a refund maybe.

Oh for f*cks sake I've spent over €80 on train tickets and supposed to be leaving at 6.20 in the morning don't know what to do now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frodo999

went to batman on friday night... cuple of things it was 30 mins in before we saw batman... thats 25% of the show... secondly for most of the first half i thaught i was at duffys circus aand not actualy in the 02... any views??

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭SlimCi

Well my husband and son were at it last night and had a ball! They really enjoyed it and came home with a load of expensive merchandise! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

I saw it on Saturday. It was a pretty good show, the tone matched the comics pretty well for the most part. Harley Quinn stole the show, she was spot on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Dewey

awwww this show was a huge let down. i think it had massive potential. i know it was based on the comic books but my god it was disppointing and was kind of close to the old 60's Batman with Adam West. if i had a kid, i probably would of loved it aswell. but i went with my girlfriend who surprising loved it.

so if they make it like Nolan's Dark Knight i may think of going to it in the future

Advertisement