Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Candy Cab side art

Options
  • 10-08-2011 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭

I've got a quote of 26 euros for some new Egret 3 side art.
    I think it's the official stuff as its coming from Taito via Rs Co., Ltd in Japan.

Now, all I have is the picture and I'm not sure what type of material it is or anything like that.

egret3side.png

What is the standard way to apply official side art to a cab?

Is it a vinyl type material or something else?and should I remove the old side art first and how would I go about doing that?

Maybe some silly questions but I've never done it before and want to make sure I do it 100 percent perfect.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,931 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oooh, interesting! Looks nice.

Is the side art on the cab you're getting a bit knocked up?

I did see on one site (can't remember where, possibly arcade otaku?) where a guy had yellowed site art on a cady cab. He removed the plastic film that was over the artwork and it turns out that underneath it looked new.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oooh, interesting! Looks nice.

Is the side art on the cab you're getting a bit knocked up?

I did see on one site (can't remember where, possibly arcade otaku?) where a guy had yellowed site art on a cady cab. He removed the plastic film that was over the artwork and it turns out that underneath it looked new.

It has a few marks on it that I'm not that happy about(not bad, I'm just a fussy git).
    I'll be slowly restoring the whole cab to what it looked like when it was brand new. So that means replacing a few parts and cleaning up some others and creating a few test blends of retr0brite. The cab is not bad, it really is just me been a freak.

Myself and Ronnie also had a bit of a communications problem and he's sent me the cab with the 2 player 4 button control panel so i need to get the 2 player 6 button panel sorted (€470 new inc shipping from Japan :eek: ).

Edit:
    That also means I'll have the 2 player 4 button control panel up for sale or trade in a month or two. So anyone with an Egret 3 or Atomswave might be interested in that.

Master of the Universe

If my new Atomiswave SD comes with a 1 player CP again then I'd definitely be interested in getting that 2 player one from you :)

Will let you know once I know myself!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

€470 for the CP? Holy crap that's expensive, is that quote from the same RS people (or Taito I guess)?

There's a complete E3 2P 6 button CP on http://www.akihabarashop.jp including harness for 27,900yen, approx €250. Even if you add shipping to that it should be cheaper than the €470?

As for the side art, I'd recommend getting a few copies incase you screw one up, esp if they're only 26 quid.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    €470 for the CP? Holy crap that's expensive, is that quote from the same RS people (or Taito I guess)?

There's a complete E3 2P 6 button CP on http://www.akihabarashop.jp including harness for 27,900yen, approx €250. Even if you add shipping to that it should be cheaper than the €470?

As for the side art, I'd recommend getting a few copies incase you screw one up, esp if they're only 26 quid.

Yeah, 470 is a bit mental I reckon.
    That includes the cpanel and joysticks/buttons etc, pic below.

e3cpanle.png

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

You'd be better off just getting the metal control panel plate and mounting your own sticks and buttons into it. €470 is astronomical for that. As nice as it looks!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,398 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Steve SI wrote: »
    Yeah, 470 is a bit mental I reckon.
    That includes the cpanel and joysticks/buttons etc, pic below.

e3cpanle.png

So does the akihabarashop panel.

e3cp.jpg

Yeah,
    I've not decided 100% on the panel yet.
    €318 with airmail shipping from www.akihabarashop.jp is a lot better all right.

I'll see how the funds are when I decide to go for it.

Has anyone actually ordered from www.akihabarashop.jp before?

I know Rs Co., Ltd are legit and reliable but have never had anyone vouch for the other crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

i've used aki shop loads before and they are totally legit ,great guys to deal with as well ?
    he normally sends you a pic of the packaged items before been shipped as well:)

that a good price on the side art and it once you take your time you should have no problem appling
    RS are a big enough company that deal with business's mostly hence their prices

I'll probably use akihabarashop for the cpanel as the price is a lot better and grab the side art from RS.

Does the side art have a sticky side or how is it applied?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭geotrig

yes it has a sticky side,just remove the backing and apply ,your best bet is remove as your applying it , just saw your first question do take off the old side art if you are replacing it ,it should peel off ,dont put it on over !
    most of these cabs will have some bit of damaged to their side art!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

AkiShop is the best.

Lowest prices on Seimitsu sticks, and you can get ANY replacement part you need (e.g. if you only want 5 new springs & pivots, they'll get that!).

Advertisement