Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Bridge Roundabout lanes

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

zuroph wrote: »
    I dont think I know of a non standardised roundabout with more than 4 exits and no signage?? any example of one in this country??

Correction - signage / road markings that indicate specifically which lane to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Correction - signage / road markings that indicate specifically which lane to use.

like the sign above?

How do you get to adare on that sign?

like the sign above?

How do you get to adare on that sign?

OK - you've lost me now. There is absolutely no marking on that sign as to which lane to use.

The "straight on" rule would imply the left-hand lane, which is why I have an issue with source's interpretation as they admit to using the right-hand lane.

The "1st & 2nd = left" rule would mean using the right-hand lane.

So there is no debate if the "general rule" is right-hand lane for 3rd & subsequent exits.

However source is breaking their own rule.

OK - you've lost me now. There is absolutely no marking on that sign as to which lane to use.

the marking is the fact that tralee is listed on righthand side of the sign. adare is on the tralee road.

the road directly after the roundabout services goes to fedamore AND cork AND tralee AND Killarney, and abbeyfeale and hundreds of other places. that is the road you want to get to. so its RIGHT hand lane.

The "straight on" rule would imply the left-hand lane, which is why I have an issue with source's interpretation as they admit to using the right-hand lane.

The "1st & 2nd = left" rule would mean using the right-hand lane.

So there is no debate if the "general rule" is right-hand lane for 3rd & subsequent exits.

However source is breaking their own rule.

Signage overrides all other "rules". thats why its there.

• Advertisement

the marking is the fact that tralee is listed on righthand side of the sign. adare is on the tralee road.

I have never, ever heard of this being a factor in choosing a lane.

cool, you learned something new so. Glad to have helped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

So you're saying that your destination has never influenced your choosing a lane? Wow!

I have no reason to believe it to be true. Where did you hear of this being a rule ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

OK - look at what you posted.

There is no sign for Fedamore.

You said that you either

a) follow the signs OR
    b) use the left lane for "straight" (give or take an arbitrary 5 degrees)

So WHY do you enter the FIRST roundabout in the right lane ?

Since there is no sign for Fedamore, you have no justification (under YOUR rules) for using the right lane at the FIRST roundabout.

I don't know how to point out the flaw in your logic any clearer than that.
    nice bit of trollin' id be proud of it myself

• Advertisement

I have no reason to believe it to be true. Where did you hear of this being a rule ?

I posted a link and quoted it earlier in the thread.

source wrote: »
    So you're saying that your destination has never influenced your choosing a lane? Wow!

Ah FFS! Will you please stop posting bull**** and trolling. :rolleyes:

We're talking about the positioning of the words on the signage, and whether that is an obscure reference to what lane you should approach the roundabout in.

Now consider yourself on ignore if that's the standard of posts you're going to add.

nice bit of trollin' id be proud of it myself

Please explain. I posted the fact that nothing source had posted would permit him to use the right-hand lane.

That is 100% correct.

Now, if zuroph's observation re the positioning of the words and placenames ON the signage is correct, then there is an answer, however source didn't mention anything whatsoever about that.

If that is a rule that they've never told anyone about, then fair enough.

But without a "GET IN LANE" specification or arrow markings on the road, I would never, ever have considered the positions of the words to be relevant, because it is not specified ANYWHERE that I have ever seen that the positions of words beside the roundabout graphic is relevant.

Ah FFS! Will you please stop posting bull**** and trolling. :rolleyes:

We're talking about the positioning of the words on the signage, and whether that is an obscure reference to what lane you should approach the roundabout in.

Now consider yourself on ignore if that's the standard of posts you're going to add.

Ignore away, i'm done with this thread, i know i'm right, the rotr, rospa and iam agree with me, so i'm happy with what i'm saying.

Ignore away, i'm done with this thread, i know i'm right, the rotr, rospa and iam agree with me, so i'm happy with what i'm saying.

That reply was based on the bull**** post above - nothing whatsoever to do with your interpretation of the rules.

But if that post was representative of your interpretation skills, making up stuff that I never said, I'll stick to what I know, thanks.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mc Love wrote: »
    This thread is like a roundabout, just keeps going around and around and around! Going to stick what I always do, less confusion for me that way.

Agreed.
    Please take the time to read the post that I was commenting on before jumping to incorrect conclusions.

Do us all a favour and get down from your high horse.
    That reply was based on the bull**** post above - nothing whatsoever to do with your interpretation of the rules.

But if that post was representative of your interpretation skills, making up stuff that I never said, I'll stick to what I know, thanks.

As above. You've helped turn this thread into a total disaster. Well done.

*applauds sarcastically, and locks thread*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement