Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubber Tube ?

• 10-08-2011 11:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where in the city I could get some lengths of elasticated rubber tubing , The type used for Slingshots and Catapults

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

Not sure if it would suit you, but out in the Outdoor and Angling centre, near Sony Centre and Superquinn sell slingshots and catapults for throwing clay pigeons. They may have spare rubber tubing for these?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jad2007

I have often made large slingshots and catapults with inner tubes from bicycles. We make quite big ones with the kids in Scouts. The lads In Spokes on patrick Street usually give a few unwanted/damaged tubes when I ask. Hope this helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Master and commander

couldn't you use one of those bungee chord things with the hook at either end. They are very elastic and strong. Cut the hooks off and tie on.
    Get a big thinck one or twist two smaller ones together. It would be worth a try anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

jad2007 wrote: »
    I have often made large slingshots and catapults with inner tubes from bicycles. We make quite big ones with the kids in Scouts. The lads In Spokes on patrick Street usually give a few unwanted/damaged tubes when I ask. Hope this helps
    couldn't you use one of those bungee chord things with the hook at either end. They are very elastic and strong. Cut the hooks off and tie on.
    Get a big thinck one or twist two smaller ones together. It would be worth a try anyway.

Thanks will try both ,especially spokes
    cheers

Advertisement