Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pubs for lease in the city?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Does anyone know of any bars in the city centre that are up for lease? Cannot seem to find many on daft or other commercial property websites. Anything considered small or large! Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Gallagher's on the corner of MacCurtain and Bridge St. was idle last I saw. Don't know if it's for sale or lease though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Slightly outside the city, but hear the Horseshoe in Turners Cross could be available.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Redz is up for sale, but the receiver might do a deal if they have no buyers.....

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭captainwang

Thanks lads, keep them coming Gallaghers is worth a look i think, hoping to get something as close to city centre as possible but sure Im as well to check them all out!

Andip wrote: »
    Redz is up for sale, but the receiver might do a deal if they have no buyers.....

I never even thought of that place and I used to pass it every day :rolleyes:

Definitely worth looking into Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ofcork

Paddy the farmers is also closed,up for sale i believe a few of these places were bought by the rebel bar group in the boom for big money.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭seanp_25

I heard that An Criubin closed recently, but I haven't seen this myself.

Is the Vineyard still open on Patrick St?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its actually quite frightening to see how many of these well known names are either closed or up for sale !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

ofcork wrote: »
    Paddy the farmers is also closed,up for sale i believe a few of these places were bought by the rebel bar group in the boom for big money.

What ever happened to the Rebel Bar Group?

Andip wrote: »
    Its actually quite frightening to see how many of these well known names are either closed or up for sale !

Hopefully Ill get one of them back on track

• Advertisement

cork45 wrote: »
    What ever happened to the Rebel Bar Group?

I think they got into debt buying too many bars and the business wasnt there,the bside bar in bandon was another one which is closed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Tilly Tally

I think Kennedys on Blarney Street is still closed and the lease is available.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭tech

Are all the Rebel Bar Groups pubs closed up now? They are 10 or more in the boom I reckon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭forzacalcio

seanp_25 wrote: »
    I heard that An Criubin closed recently, but I haven't seen this myself.

Is the Vineyard still open on Patrick St?
    Closed recently alright but re opening AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Looking at possibly taking a bar myself in the coming months, have had a good look at some of the above mentioned, waiting to hear back on some offers................

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Not in the center of town but The Crowe's Nest Victoria cross.
    There's a place on Parnell St near the GAA type pub cant remember the name though.
    Place down a side street of Patrick St where the Oyster bar was(Near Burger King)

The crows nest is not even fit to open,it was being repaired and the work stopped a long time ago.

The crows nest is not even fit to open,it was being repaired and the work stopped a long time ago.
    Might be worth investing a bit of work into it now as I think it would do well as the location is surrounded with the student apartments.

I agree its in a great spot there,afaik there was/is a connection to mai fitzs bar in lissarda.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

Think there was a plan to build apartments there, vaguely remember some legal action on planning etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Might be worth investing a bit of work into it now as I think it would do well as the location is surrounded with the student apartments.

The Crowe's Nest isn't a fixer upper that requires a bit of work, it needs to be completely rebuilt.

The Crowe's Nest isn't a fixer upper that requires a bit of work, it needs to be completely rebuilt.
    Why,last time i was in there it looked fine:D

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Why,last time i was in there it looked fine:D

Damaged in a fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

I think the vineyard(down the lane next to burger king) is closed down so might be worth having a look at that as is it could have potential.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 RebelBOK

This is something ive considered myself with my partner when we get home from travelling. Have to wonder though if all these places have closed down is the business there for such places at the minute? Dont think it`s a coincidence so many of them have closed down in a relatively short space of time. Think twud take something special or at the least unique and different to steal some customers from the likes of Reardons or the Bróg etc... Wish you all the best though and would be very interested to hear how you get on (or indeed see for myself when we get home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The Horseshoe in Turners Cross closed recently and I believe they are looking for a leaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

RebelBOK wrote: »
    This is something ive considered myself with my partner when we get home from travelling. Have to wonder though if all these places have closed down is the business there for such places at the minute? Dont think it`s a coincidence so many of them have closed down in a relatively short space of time. Think twud take something special or at the least unique and different to steal some customers from the likes of Reardons or the Bróg etc... Wish you all the best though and would be very interested to hear how you get on (or indeed see for myself when we get home :)

The reason so many of them closed down is that a lot of them were bought up at hugely inflated prices by one company, you would have to get them at a good price, but business is there, just not as busy as has been in the past.

Look at the Bowery for instance, they seem to be jammers all the time, Crane Lane is another example, two different, unique types of late night water holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Biggies

ssbob wrote: »
    The reason so many of them closed down is that a lot of them were bought up at hugely inflated prices by one company, you would have to get them at a good price, but business is there, just not as busy as has been in the past.

Look at the Bowery for instance, they seem to be jammers all the time, Crane Lane is another example, two different, unique types of late night water holes.

I agree. Also a good idea is to offer daily promotions or meal alternatives to fast food outlets. Sober Lane is a good example of a pub who does both and they seem to do fine.

Advertisement