Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary schools near newcastle

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I am moving to Galway in the next year and will be living near Newcastle or Shantalla. I have young children at school and will be looking for a primary school around that area. I have seen posts on here for primary schools in east of the city but not west.
    If anyone knows anything about them it would be great to get some local knowledge. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

St James in Bushypark isn't too far away.
    Have a look here
    http://bushyparkns.scoilnet.ie/blog/

Also Scoil Bhride in Shantalla
    http://scoilbhride.blogspot.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Have a look through these. Use googlemaps to find out where they are located.

Or here, with map.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 maddison1

Thanks for the replies and the info.
    I do have an idea of the schools and information about them but its hard to find out what ones would be considered good and what parents think of them. My kids are currently at a small country school and people keep telling me city schools are not as good, not true im sure.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭karen89

My 3 children went to Scoil Rois, Taylors hill and got a great all round education by fantastic teachers - couldnt recommend it high enough and also scoil ide in salthill is very good both have secondary school too so the kids go straight onto the secondary - saves having to wrack your brain about where they will go!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I would have to 2nd Karen89s' opinion. My 2 children also went to Scoil Rois. It was a fabulous school. Very close knit, very happy and a beautiful energy about the place. It has a fine big yard for playing in and the children are always up to interesting things. The teachers, assistants, secretary and principal are individually fabulous and i would never hesitate to recommend it to anyone. Pm me for the number(not sure if I can give it out here?)but you will probably get it online anyway. There is also an Educate Together school in the area. Friends of mine send their children there and they too are very happy with the whole place.Best of luck!

• Advertisement
Advertisement