Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling prices

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭

I am looking for sale agreeded properties to see what they sold for or at least what the last asking price was.

I have looking on daft and myhome but I cant see any section for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

There's no way of knowing what a house sold for, the government talked about a database of property sale prices but nothing has come of it.

You can use property bee (a plugin for firefox) or the daftdrop website to see historical drops in prices for properties that are currently for sale.

If we could see how much houses were selling for, I'm sure a lot of people who have been waiting to buy would start making offers, and sellers would realise that the offers were reasonable and this would "kickstart" the market, but I don't think that's the kind of kickstart that the vested interests are looking for :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Nothing to stop the agents lying on their websites either, I have bought two houses in my life and in both cases the selling agent inflated the purchase price by about 20k on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭OMD

I am looking for sale agreeded properties to see what they sold for or at least what the last asking price was.

I have looking on daft and myhome but I cant see any section for this.

On DAFT go to sales, advanced search. At the bottom where it says "show properties" tick sale agreed. That will give you the asking price for sale agreed properties

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

OMD wrote: »
    On DAFT go to sales, advanced search. At the bottom where it says "show properties" tick sale agreed. That will give you the asking price for sale agreed properties
    This.

It's doesn't tell you what price they sold at, but it's a good indication of what properties are moving, and what their asking price is.

Also if you have a specific house/road in mind and can get access to the Irish Times of Independent databases you can search for them. You can usually find a few ads for the properties going back to about 1995*. It can give you an idea of how the current asking price compares to historic prices.

*Before 1995 most houses didn't have the asking price listed on the ads, so you're stuck with the prices of houses that went for auction and prices for new estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭swirlser

Ive come up with a pretty clever formula to determine the actual sale price for a property!

On houses under 1 Million Euro:

(List price + Chicken roll + Macchiato + 2,007) * (0.75) - (Chicken roll + Macchiato + 2,011) = Actual sale price

On houses over 1 Million Euro:

List price - the 1st digit = Actual sale price

• Advertisement
Advertisement