Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of getting an ebook reader, is kindle really the best option? (x-posted)

Options
  • 10-08-2011 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

So I want to get an ebook reader that's easy on the eyes, holds a lot of books, is easy to use and accepts all formats including pdfs.

I don't really care about 3g etc as long as I can hook it up to my laptop.

I'm thinking of getting the kindle but I want to be sure there is not a cheaper or equal option to it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,753 ✭✭✭SteM

So I want to get an ebook reader that's easy on the eyes, holds a lot of books, is easy to use and accepts all formats including pdfs.

I don't really care about 3g etc as long as I can hook it up to my laptop.

I'm thinking of getting the kindle but I want to be sure there is not a cheaper or equal option to it.

Don't know about other machines but a lot of PDFs I've loaded onto my Kindle look crap. They need to be converted to .mobi format using the Calibre freeware before you can read them properly. A mate has owned 3 readers in total - a Sony, a generic branded one but has finally settled on the Kindle. He seems happy with it, much moreso than the others.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Cross posting is bad, this isn't a consumer issue either

Your question is best suited here - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055984061

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Thread closed as it is a duplicate and not a Consumer Issue.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement