Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Service Launched - m.eircom.net (mobile website)

Options
  • 10-08-2011 1:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭

New Service Launched - 'm. eircom.net' - 'mobile.eircom.net'

Mobile eircom.net - New Service Launch
    Introducing the new eircom.net mobile website: m.eircom.net

What is eircom.net Mobile Edition?

eircom.net Mobile
    Edition lets you access eircom.net content on your mobile device when you are on the move. The site isn't handset specific so all you need is a mobile device with a browser and an internet connection. It is specifically designed and optimised for smaller screen sizes and slower connection speeds. The site design and interface is also aimed at offering improved reading experience, accessibility and navigation.
    What content do you get access to?

The eircom.net mobile edition gives you access to the eircom.net content you trust and know. Here is some of the content you are able to access on your mobile device:

* Latest News
    () Up to the minute reporting of the latest stories. Ability to share the news stories with your friends and family with Twitter or Facebook.
    * Sport
    () Catch up the latest sporting stories categorised into GAA, Soccer, Rugby, Racing, Golf, Motorsport and Tennis for you convenience.
    * Entertainment
    () Find all the latest gossips and event listings for the day.
    * Weather
    () Weather forecast at your finger tips.
    * eircom Webmail
    () Get real time access to your emails, calendar, address book and tasks by signing into eircom.net Webmail.
    * Info on eircom Products and Services
    () Get information and offers on the eircom’s latest products and value added services.

How can I access the mobile edition? m.mobile.net - http://mobile.eircom.net

Here is the information on how to access eircom.net mobile edition on you phone
    eircom Mobile Web Design Logo -

* Mobile Web Browser
    () Simply point you phone browser to m.eircom.net and get started.
    * Short Code
    () If you are in the Republic of Ireland, FREE text the word EIRCOM to 50123 from your mobile phone and we’ll send you a text message with a link to the eircom.net mobile site. Open the received text message and click on the link to get started.

To get a direct link to other sections of the site please used the below:

News – Free text TOP NEWS to 50123
    Lotto – Free text LOTTO to 50123
    Sports – Free text SPORT to 50123
    Entertainment – Free text ENTERTAINMENT to 50123
    Webmail – Free text WEBMAIL to 50123

* QR Code
    () If your mobile phone is capable of reading QR (Quick Response) codes, simply scan the code at the bottom of the website below and get started.

http://www.eircom.net/mobile-edition/mobile-web/

That's it! Don't forget to bookmark the link for next time

We’d love to hear your thoughts

Give it a try and let us know what you think. If you would like to leave feedback you can do so by going to the “Contact Us” section of the mobile site (Contact us link is at the bottom of all pages).

Please note: eircom.net Mobile Edition is free to access. However, network data charges may apply. Check with your operator.

Website - mobile_eircom.net

mobile.eircom.net

posted by eircom Social Media Team - Tuesday 09 August 2011

Tweets :- @eircom on twitter
    New eircom.net mobile site officially launched today!! Access webmail SportsHub StudyHub News Weather etc on your mobile - m.eircom.net

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innov

Finally a proper mobile website!! Thanks eircom, the new site looks really good ...

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sharktopus

Looks really good. Do you know if there are any plans to make MusicHub available through the phone any time soon?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Sharktopus wrote: »
    Looks really good. Do you know if there are any plans to make MusicHub available through the phone any time soon?

Hi Sharktopus,

We hope to have an app for iPhone and android by the end of this year.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Hi Sharktopus,

We hope to have an app for iPhone and android by the end of this year.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks, Mark

What about Blackberry, Windows Phone 7, Symbian, and all the rest?

Also, I was given that response last year when I asked about a MusicHub app. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

DjFlin wrote: »

Also, I was given that response last year when I asked about a MusicHub app. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your query DjFlin,

Will update this website as soon as we get more information on releases: MusicHub, New Services: m.eircom.net and compatibility issues with operating systems /devices, etc.

Regards,
    Ant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

DjFlin wrote: »

Android too :D:D:D

Very annoying when apps are made only for IOS and no other platform!!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭petebricquette

I'm trying to set up the mobile webmail on my mum's phone but it keeps bouncing to Webmail classic. Is there a fix for this? Just purely because it's a bit of a pain and it eats up data when it switches to a non-mobile page. Cheers!

I'm trying to set up the mobile webmail on my mum's phone but it keeps bouncing to Webmail classic. Is there a fix for this? Just purely because it's a bit of a pain and it eats up data when it switches to a non-mobile page. Cheers!

Hi petebricquette,

The webmail application should autodetect mobile smartphones but if it doesn't simply need to check the following and get the mobile client set up.

http://m.eircom.net/webmail

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Hi petebricquette,

The webmail application should autodetect mobile smartphones but if it doesn't simply need to check the following and get the mobile client set up.

http://m.eircom.net/webmail

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks, Mark

Hey Mark, I used that link and was brought to the mobile sign in page. However, when I logged in it immediately switched to the original browser view. Is this something to do with the email account itself?

Hey Mark, I used that link and was brought to the mobile sign in page. However, when I logged in it immediately switched to the original browser view. Is this something to do with the email account itself?

Hi petebricquette,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yes if you can please PM me with your e-mail address I can look into the issue in more detail.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi petebricquette,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. Yes if you can please PM me with your e-mail address I can look into the issue in more detail.

Thanks, Mark

Hi Mark, thanks for getting back to me but it seems to have fixed itself!

Advertisement