Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BJJ Road Trip

• 10-08-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭

Myself, Breslinho, Mullinho and the brothers Sheridan were thinking of a little project. We would love to train at every bjj gym in the country (that will have us) and keep a blog that we can hopefully stick up on bjj.ie. With pictures and interviews with the coaches and whatnot, a very intellectual affair altogether.

I dont think theres a gym in every county but sure we'll go to every county with a gym in it!

We need to know if anyone would even have us first, so please let us know if youd like to see this!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Gym Spy did it first.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

Let me know when.
    All welcome down to Cork at Pedro Bessa BJJCORK Gym.
    Can Crash in the Hostel next door. An Bru or on the mat ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

You'd all be very welcome in Point Blank anytime.

Gym Spy snubbed me (all checked out) so I missed out on the free publicity with would have gone with that. :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

Always welcome gentlemen. Anytime. Sounds like a fun project!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭lukeyjudo

Coolmine will have yez!

Best night is wednesday 8-10! (all checked out)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 525 ✭✭✭da-bres

Thanks a lot Guys,
    We will be the opposite version of the gym spy, (sound):P

Really excited to learn from all the phenomenal instructors Ireland has to offer:) There should be some excellent coverage and advertising for each club aswell:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Looking forward to follow this, should be cool

Good luck with it guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

That sounds like the best holiday/road trip evah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭Performance Martial Arts

You guys are more than welcome up to us too. Karl Roche teaches our BJJ and we are also the only ones in Co Meath so drop up anytime!!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Gorey_R

I'd love to do something like that too! Sounds awesome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Would love to do something like that as well. Would be cool if people went along on smaller parts if they didn't want to go everywhere. I know you would be welcomed up here anyway two places to pick from, Waynes and Mas-F where Seb is coaching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Im sure you guys would be welcome at the Dungeon of Legion:D
    If you guys wanna roll with jorge though id give it a few weeks. Hes carryin a wee injury that hes been told a few weeks to roll:(

• Registered Users Posts: 46 lionheart_ma

Your more than welcome to come train in Lionheart. Our BJJ is taught by brown belt Gera Nabuco from Morcegao-sapo team. Contact me on 0868643464 if you want to drop by.

Some guy did a similar thing in the UK a year or two back.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Barry SeanScoil

Yer all more than welcome to come doing here too lads and train with Kierain and Herman, we have some lovly mats to crash on for the night too if it suits.. www.seanscoil.com

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AllianceBJJ Ireland

Great idea guys! You are all more than welcome to come and train with the Alliance Team in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 arte suave

Ye are more than welcome to train with us at Fight Sports Clare too. Sep 27th would be a good time to visit coz Cyborg will be here. John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭Chris89

That would be sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭EnjoyChoke

One big, elaborate, dojo invasion.

We're rumbled.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭tommyl2010

First stop FightSport Clare :) You's have a place to crash too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 legionBJJ

Im sure you guys would be welcome at the Dungeon of Legion:D
    If you guys wanna roll with jorge though id give it a few weeks. Hes carryin a wee injury that hes been told a few weeks to roll:(

would love to have ye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

This would be doubly hardcore and awesome if you cycled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭RoboRat

Make sure you drop into Husaria Fight team in Clane, Co. Kildare... You can crash in he Westgrove :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭youllneverknow

Sounds savage

Alright lads, we want to get this moving soon enough, we have a good number of clubs to start with, just need to figure out which order to go in, For the moment we will only be doing the clubs that have posted here. Dont want to turn up anywhere that we werent wanted!

If any other clubs are interested please let me know.

Ye gonna take a video camera around with ye to document it lads?! Be awesome to see!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

You should pitch this to TV3, tell them it's on ITV at the same time and they'll be all over it.

Richy06 wrote: »
    Ye gonna take a video camera around with ye to document it lads?! Be awesome to see!

Im sure we could get our hands on one, a montage of my peugot 106 struggling around ireland would be quite nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 254 ✭✭r_obric

You should pitch this to TV3, tell them it's on ITV at the same time and they'll be all over it.

you could call it "come train with me" and have some sarcastic comentator do the voice over...

Awesome, another decent documentary for me to cut 10 minutes out of for air!

http://bjjroadtrip.blogspot.com/

I imagine i will get more savvy with this blogspot business as time goes on, just a quick post to get us started.

cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

BJJ Globetrotter did it first.

Oh i forgot to mention, I doubt there is a club in every county, but maybe at least a training group or something, If youre doing bjj in a county with no bjj academys, let me know, well try and get down to you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

better get started soon lads summer holidays are nearly over and school starts before you know it.

• Advertisement

Thought of a funny name so changed the URL http://bjjaysus.blogspot.com/

Open to correction on the funny bit..

Bit of a dissapointing response from a lot of the clubs i emailed, dissapointing in the sense that they didnt reply. I'm not sure if thats because they dont like the sound of us or they just dont check their inboxes too regularly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭Sid_Justice

at this stage surely you know someone in every club, give the lads a text sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 toaldingham

Again, you're more than welcome at GBNI.

Ciaran

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Facebook is your best bet I'd say for the other clubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭pablohoney87

Im sure you guys will be able to chat to them this weekend at the Irish Cup.

Is there many other clubs I'm missing??

Cheers Ciaran, I got your mail too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 athlone budokan

Chris89 wrote: »
    Is there many other clubs I'm missing??

Cheers Ciaran, I got your mail too. :)

Hey guys be sure to come and train with us. Paddy "the hooligan" hooligan teaches our bjj on a Wednesday night. And now he is fresh from winning his first Mma title, the jitz will be even better :) we learn SBG style!! Looking forward to meeting and training with you guys very soon. This sat 10th September paddy will be doing a 3 hour Mma workshop with us.

Advertisement