Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Negative Equity and wanting to move

Options
  • 10-08-2011 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi
    I am a divorcee with negative equity approx 55K.This house is owned by myself .I am getting remarried later this year and myself and hubbie to be would like to buy our own place.
    I was just wondering what options are there .
    The current balance on my mortage is circa 210K and house value 160K.We are looking at houses between 180-200K.I don't think banks will allow me a mortgage even move from single to joint mortgage with this negative equity.
    Is it a viable option to rent existing property and new mortgage for 2nd house and will this second house have to be solely in my partners name.

Any advise is much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

november19 wrote: »
    Is it a viable option to rent existing property and new mortgage for 2nd house

yes...once you feel you can get tenents
    and will this second house have to be solely in my partners name.

no

Advertisement