Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC In Woodbrook Bray

• 10-08-2011 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭

Just wondering if anyone in bray woodbrook has switched to upc?
    We have a big cable going from the back of our house to the neighbour behind us and was advised we would be able to avail of there services free for life.
    Anyone else in woodbrook in a similar position?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

gramo wrote: »
    we would be able to avail of there services free for life.

Eh why not do it? Do you like paying for services?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭gramo

We will but I just wanted to see if anyone else has the cable i'm talking about..

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

My sister lives in Killiney. UPC were upgrading the estate cabling and were running it from house to house. She told them to give here free connection or to take a hike with their cable. They ended up digging up the footpath, and the neighbours gardens either side, to route the cable around her!

Given the cable is already in place, I wouldn't rate your chances...

When the engineers first came around to ask can the cable be put in place we signed a contract, It sates where the cable will be and also states that if it has to be moved it has to be signed off by the house owner and themselves.
    since then the cable has been moved without a new contract been done.
    The cable now runs from the middle of the back of our house, perfect for the birds to sit on and **** on our clothes line lol.

so to me it looks like the original contract has been broken..
    I'd say i'm in a great position to demand free services or I'll just cut down the cable bringing down there whole network..

When the engineers first came around to ask can the cable be put in place we signed a contract, It sates where the cable will be and also states that if it has to be moved it has to be signed off by the house owner and themselves.
    since then the cable has been moved without a new contract been done.
    The cable now runs from the middle of the back of our house, perfect for the birds to sit on and **** on our clothes line lol.

so to me it looks like the original contract has been broken..
    I'd say i'm in a great position to demand free services or I'll just cut down the cable bringing down there whole network..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 MrMickeyMouse

As I live in Woodbrook too, I'd rather you went for your first option :eek:

I would definitely be making the phone calls though, as their broadband is rather lovely :)

We just have the normal cable slung between the houses though.

1435795783.png

Advertisement