Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Denver Broncos Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Von's back, woop woop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I consider Manning the best QB ever to play the game, he also comes across as such a likeable guy. I'd love to see go 16-0 and win the superbowl.
    Maybe the best regular season QB but not the best ever, he has failed too many times in the playoffs to be that. Montana for me is the best ever with Brady very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

eagle eye wrote: »
    Maybe the best regular season QB but not the best ever, he has failed too many times in the playoffs to be that. Montana for me is the best ever with Brady very close.

I suppose we just use different criteria to rank them. I'd have Manning and Marino ahead of Montana and Brady.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

eagle eye wrote: »
    Ah the best QB ever conversation, I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Elway in this discussion. He doesnt have as many Rings as Montana and Terry Bradshaw, but do you judge a QB on purely that? For me (and most of these discussions are subjective) I'd list Elway as the best QB I've seen play the game. His ability to control his team's offense was up there with the best of them, he could make plays happen out of nothing and of course there was "The Drive"!! I know most of you can justify your own selections and will do. I take nothing from Montana, Manning (love them both by the way), Marino or Tim Tebow (Kidding!!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

FWIW Manning actually has a better QB rating than Brady in the Postseason. Having said that, you can't say that he's had a more successful Postseason than Brady. I guess it just goes to show it's a team game, and you have to go by more than a stat sheet to make these judgements.

You could argue that Brady is having one of his best seasons ever. Andrew Luck is by consensus one of the best QB's in the league this season. Both have mediocre stats. It's a tricky one.

(Maybe we could move this discussion to the main thread?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

davyjose wrote: »
    You could argue that Brady is having one of his best seasons ever. Andrew Luck is by consensus one of the best QB's in the league this season. Both have mediocre stats. It's a tricky one.

And that's where stats don't always tell the whole picture. The Pats having a totally new/ green receiving corp with the highest drop rate in the league won't help any QB. So statistically, a drop from the normal stat level was expected. It's the game winning drive with seconds left that counts.

Only three QB's enter into my greatest ever debate and it's Brady, Montana and Manning. I agree with Davy, it's a discussion better suited outside of a team thread. But imo, debating/arguing over who's the greatest is like píssing into the wind - totally pointless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

Stats never tell the whole story - and neither does post-season success. Its a team game and no matter how good the QB, he will not have success unless the supporting cast is good enough.

The debate about who is the best ever QB is a bit of an arbitrary debate - different periods with difference offences and defences, different coaching, different players with different abilities.

I have been an avid NFL fan for more than 30 years. Looking back on all the QBs I have seen play I bring it down to one thing -

My team is losing with a few minutes to play - which QB would I want standing behind the centre trying to win the game?

For me there is no contest - any day of any week in any year - the answer would have to be John Elway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 GreenSeven

Can you not even take a defeat without saying you played badly? Tebow was sacked 7 times ffs. Tebow threw an Int. He was passing all over the shop and your running game was going nowhere. But yet its a fluke?

Its funny when someone blames blown coverages for Tebow making passes Broncos fans say no it was Tebow being good but when you get spanked by Detroit you say Oh it was blown coverages and mistakes that won the game for Detroit :rolleyes: Detroit pressured your QB and because of this won the game. They kept Tebow quiet all game long and aren't you guys telling us he is winning the game for you? Well guess what happens when a D-line own him? Calling it a fluke is nonsense.

Anyways saw this today:

http://tebowing.com/post/12292404721/tebarking

tumblr_lu29ibw4y71r5ubj1o1_500.jpg
    :D:D:D:D i love the pics

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭Dohnny Jepp

GreenSeven wrote: »
    :D:D:D:D i love the pics

Well that's a blast from the past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Man I can't wait for this game! Really wish it was on at a respectable hour though.

GO BRONCOS!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

Just got to watch the game there. Jesus we where bad. Seriously shocking performance on both sides of the ball.

Gas thing is we still could have won it! Didn't think Thomas or welker where playing till late in the 4th. It was just mind boggling to watch the offence go 3&out time and time again.

Manning is a god but Christ the amount of floated passes he threw tonight was starting to grind my gears. In contrast luck would nearly take his receivers hands off with the speed he fires the ball at.

Overall I figure between this and the Jags game that we can't actually play any worse and hopefully this is a kick in the arse for the whole team. Some really stupid penalties and some guys need to get hung out to dry over them!

Still keep the faith lads, I still think it's our year!

GO BRONCOS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I haven't watched the full game yet, altho I have it recorded, but from highlights, stats & what people are saying, we were fairly shocking.

Things we need to improve on: (the 5 point plan) >

1) Pass Defense, I'm not sure what's going on, I know the players we have are not totally useless, I know we have injuries but we are one of the worst in the league

2) Fumbles, this has to stop, especially if it's 6pts to the other team & especially if we are in the red-zone

3) Protection for Manning, he needs protection, build that man a wall !

4) 1st half performances, pretty dire

5) We need to get after the opposing QB (Miller, come on man, we need you)

More depressingly is if you look at our Div rivals, KC are playing well & they are at 7-0, SD put up better performances this past 2 weeks on the same opposition as us !

Having said all that I'm glad we came crashing down to earth, because now we can concentrate on the Div and then making the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

The lack of Ryan Clady, Orlando Franklin, Wesley Woodyard, and Champ Bailey was really apparent. The personal fouls were concerning as well. Especially when Vickerson didn't think he did anything wrong. I hope this wakes them up and I hope we see Woodyard sooner rather than later.

These are the kinds of games when the coaching pisses me off. Learn to be aggressive and go for it on 4th down. Manning wanted to go for it and Fox had to play it safe as usual. Also time to put Hillman on the bench.

Still we have the talent we just need to play to our potential. Go Broncos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

That was the kick up the hole we sorely needed. Too many were losing the run of themselves around here, there are several severe flaws with this team and a loss was needed to get our **** together. If we just win next week (dont care how we do it) and get into a bye we'll hopefully sort a lot of problems out. Simple as though, we're not doing anything this year if we're that sloppy in the big games.

Fact of the matter is though, we've **** the bed any time this team has been really tested in the manning era pretty much. Did ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING to lose on Sunday night, Manning's "off day" (only he gets called on having one on a 386 yd 3TD outing) pales into comparison next to 100 yards of penalties and 3 horrible turnovers along with a safety. We are not the Oakland Raiders ffs.

Another win and that sets us up nicely for the bye week, 7-1.
    The D had to step up & they did, fair play, they've definitely made steps in the right direction. Those interceptions, sacks will give them a great boost.

The first 3 Q's were pretty average, we kind of beat ourselves up with turnovers/mistakes and handing the opposition gifts !!

Interesting to read about Manning's double sprain injuries, I'm presuming they're contributing to his interception rate atm! As regards his performance yesterday, you could argue that he had a bad day & also a brilliant day ! Rumour is he's moving to RT next week after his brilliant 'tackle' :pac:

Ball will be well happy with his contribution yesterday, a nice TD for him. Interesting to see if Anderson gets more game time in the coming weeks.

Amazingly Moreno was our top receiver ! Also noted that when Ramirez/Beadles get out into open field and start blocking, we got 2 big TD's, fair play to them.

Our next sequence of games are our most important, especially the Div games, we need to win those.
    /oh and thanks Shanahan for all the memories ;)

Another win and that sets us up nicely for the bye week, 7-1.
    The D had to step up & they did, fair play, they've definitely made steps in the right direction. Those interceptions, sacks will give them a great boost.
    Miller's return and Woodyard back after injury has made the job of the secondary a lot easier.
    The first 3 Q's were pretty average, we kind of beat ourselves up with turnovers/mistakes and handing the opposition gifts !!
    The biggest problem at the moment is mistakes on the offence. The WRs are getting beaten up and getting no protection from the refs in the last two games (I actually like CBs to be very physical but its against the rules these days). Thomas was very soft when he left Hill pull the ball out of his hands - he has to be a lot thougher than that. Hillman won't see any playing time as long as the other backs don't fumble (Anderson looked like he could be useful). And Manning has to get back to avoiding the INTs.
    Interesting to read about Manning's double sprain injuries, I'm presuming they're contributing to his interception rate atm! As regards his performance yesterday, you could argue that he had a bad day & also a brilliant day ! Rumour is he's moving to RT next week after his brilliant 'tackle' :pac:
    Hopefully that is the reason and he will have recovered fully after the bye-week.
    Ball will be well happy with his contribution yesterday, a nice TD for him. Interesting to see if Anderson gets more game time in the coming weeks.
    I think Ball will improve with playing time - the key for him is not to fumble or he will be in the dog-house with Hillman.
    Amazingly Moreno was our top receiver ! Also noted that when Ramirez/Beadles get out into open field and start blocking, we got 2 big TD's, fair play to them.
    Moreno is in his contract year and is playing for his NFL future - so far he is doing okay - but his durability is still a question mark.
    Our next sequence of games are our most important, especially the Div games, we need to win those.
    The KC games will be a biggies - I would be happy to go 2-2 over the next four providing we won both games against the Chiefs
    /oh and thanks Shanahan for all the memories ;)
    I hope he turns things around in Washington - it would be a shame if he got the sack.

Thomas was very soft when he left Hill pull the ball out of his hands - he has to be a lot thougher than that. Hillman won't see any playing time as long as the other backs don't fumble (Anderson looked like he could be useful).

I think Ball will improve with playing time - the key for him is not to fumble or he will be in the dog-house with Hillman.

Moreno is in his contract year and is playing for his NFL future - so far he is doing okay - but his durability is still a question mark.

The KC games will be a biggies - I would be happy to go 2-2 over the next four providing we won both games against the Chiefs

I hope he turns things around in Washington - it would be a shame if he got the sack.

Yeah, not sure what the story is with Thomas, he seems very soft atm, is he nursing an injury or more worryingly just not interested in fighting for the ball !

Pity about Hillman, he was just getting into a groove, I kinda blame the management for the fumble tho, he shouldn't be given the ball in that situation and then I thought they should have challenged it, but unfortunately he's in the dog-house.

Ball is progressing, Anderson looks interesting and I think Moreno is having a great year. Just looking at his stats, he's 11th on yardage (not bad for a team that airs it out & has 3 other RB's itching to come on). He's no. 1 on TD's ! He has a 4.2 avg, but this is consistent with other top RB's.

If we manage to beat SD away, which won't be easy, I'm confident about our chances against KC at home, it'll probably play out like the Redskins game, where they don't have too much of an aerial threat.
    The 2 games after that will be very tough, and will show us how much we are ready for the 'end-game' !

We have the bye-week now to get-it-together.

Shanahan isn't doing too much wrong, it's just RGIII isn't the player he used to be, his passing is average at best & he's taking almighty hits !

Yeah, not sure what the story is with Thomas, he seems very soft atm, is he nursing an injury or more worryingly just not interested in fighting for the ball !
    There is no indications of an injury - and he has been playing well up to the last couple of games. The broncos WRs have been beaten up (against the rules in my opinion) over the past couple of weeks and it seems to be affecting Thomas. He will have to thoughen up or he will be picked on every game from now on. Also - he is in his cotnract year and if he doesn't turn it around he will lose out on a bumper contract in the new year.
    Pity about Hillman, he was just getting into a groove, I kinda blame the management for the fumble tho, he shouldn't be given the ball in that situation and then I thought they should have challenged it, but unfortunately he's in the dog-house.
    If you are a RB your no.1 priority is protection of the ball - no matter where and how you have to run. If he cannot keep hold of the ball he will not be on the field. Hillman has lost two crucial fumbles including the one that cost the Broncos the game against the Colts. Hillman also fumbled twice in pre-season.
    Ball is progressing, Anderson looks interesting and I think Moreno is having a great year. Just looking at his stats, he's 11th on yardage (not bad for a team that airs it out & has 3 other RB's itching to come on). He's no. 1 on TD's ! He has a 4.2 avg, but this is consistent with other top RB's.
    Moreno is playing though - and unlike last season - is protecting the ball. However, he is nothing more than decent - although in this Broncos offence, decent is more than adequate. The queston mark over Moreno is durability. He has been injury prone. This is why the other RBs have to step up and outplay Moreno.
    If we manage to beat SD away, which won't be easy, I'm confident about our chances against KC at home, it'll probably play out like the Redskins game, where they don't have too much of an aerial threat.
    I actually expect the broncos to beat SD. However, the Chiefs have shown that they have a strong defence and it will be interesting to see how good they are when facing the Broncos. they have yet to face a team with a high octane offence like the Broncos.

I expect the Chiefs to try and do what the Colts and Redskins tried - beat up the WRs - go one-on-one in the secondary and try and pressure Manning. The Broncos showed in the second-half on Sunday that they can pick up chunks of yardage by throwing picks on the DBs using the TEs and WRs and hitting the WRs on crossing routes. They key will be the broncos WRs getting off the LOS quickly and Manning hitting the crossing routes fast before the blitzers can get into the groove.

The Broncos defence actually is suited to combatting the KC offence which is based on a strong ground game. I don't expect KC to score that many points - the game will be decided by how effectively the Broncos offence can combat the defence of the Chiefs.
    The 2 games after that will be very tough, and will show us how much we are ready for the 'end-game' !
    I actually expect the broncos to beat the Pats. I haven't been impressed by the Pats do far this season and I think the Broncos are much stronger all-round.

The key will be the two games against the Chiefs. If I had to predict the outcome of the next four games I would plump for a 3-1 record with the Broncos losing in KC. The Chiefs have a soft schedule and could go 15-1 this season. They can beat SD twice and the only other game of consequence (excluding the Broncos) is the one against the Colts. The broncos could go 14-2 and still be a wildcard.

While I expect 3-1 I want the Broncos to beat the Chiefs twice to create some opportunity to win the division.
    Shanahan isn't doing too much wrong, it's just RGIII isn't the player he used to be, his passing is average at best & he's taking almighty hits !
    Doesn't make any difference - the buck stops with the HC and the NFL is all about the win column. And the Redskins are not knwn for being tolerant to losing HCs.

Media reports that John Fox has suffered a heart attack while playing golf. He has been hospitalised and is recovering well.

Fox is scheduled to have surgery this tuesday and will miss 4-6 weeks. Jack Del Rio will presumably take over on an interim basis. Get well soon, Coach.

• Advertisement

Manning in Presser stating that he's "pretty sore" and is set to have a MRI tomorrow. Given our luck and especially KC's uncanny luck to only play backup QBs this means Osweiler on Sunday and our season is about to go down the ****ter.

Good win against the Bolts, we were croozin until Manning took that hit from behind and then they go in for the score, we had to dig deep after that.
    Very happy with how our O & D played, the O were super efficient in that sub 2-min drill, very impressive. Also impressed with how the D has stepped up, with Miller & Woodyard back in, we have shown great resilience.
    From the Denver Bronco website:
    Relative to opponents' averages, the numbers illustrate their impacts:
    * With Woodyard and Miller healthy, opponents' average passing yardage per 60 minutes is down by 34.9 percent, and their per-pass-play average is off by 31.5 percent.

I see most analysts are talking about either the Denver O, the Chiefs O or D, but nobody's talking about our D. I think they could win the game for us, they will hassle Smith and pose a threat with interceptions, and if they can continue with their efforts against the run, then the Chiefs are going to have a hard time putting points on the board.

The one thing the Chiefs will try to do is pin us back on our 10 yard line (with Colquitt's punts) and then pressure Manning to give up an interception/turnover. This will be vital as then the Chiefs will have good field position and a chance to score.

All that remains is for Peyton to stay healthy and hopefully he and our O can pick holes in their D and our run game gets going.

Last point, and it's one to be worried about if your a KC fan:

KC has faced: Blaine Gabbert; Tony Romo; Michael Vick; Eli Manning; Ryan Fitzpatrick; Terelle Pryor; Case Keenum; Jason Campbell; and, Jeff Tuel.

In the next seven games, they will face Peyton Manning twice; Phillip Rivers twice; RGIII; Terelle Pryor; and, Andrew Luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Sorry for butting in here ! I have a Broncos jacket that is an unwanted present (im a giants fan, maybe they got the Mannings mixed up!!) and would let it go for a modest price. I would prefer it to go to a proper fan rather than give it away or leave it in the wardrobe. If anyone is interested PM me and i can give more details and pictures if needed. Im guessing we wont have another Manning-Bowl in NY in February !!

To be honest I expect the Broncos to win this one comfortably.

The KC offence is poor and once Charles is held in check then they are no threat. The Broncos D is improving as Miller gets more games under his belt.

As for the Chiefs D - I don't think it is as good as people make out. Yes the front 7 get some pressure - but they haven't played anyone approaching the quality of Manning and the Broncos will use high-tempo to keep the base defence on the pitch. If the Chiefs don't constantly pressure Manning then he will shred the secondary - and I can't see them keep it up for the whole game.

I'm going for a 31-13 or a 35-10 win for the Broncos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

To be honest I expect the Broncos to win this one comfortably.

I'm going for a 31-13 or a 35-10 win for the Broncos

Oh, I'd love for this to come to pass - I'm battling my inner pessimist though. This is a game Denver should win if they have any aspirations to go deep in the playoffs (lets face it, we're looking at a visit to the Superbowl here at the very least for a successful season)

Kansas City generally don't do very well in Denver, and if Manning and the Broncos can get into a groove early, I can see them wearing out the Chiefs D and a Broncos 10 -14 point win.

Of course, that could all change if Manning takes another hit to his ankles and misses any time during the game.

The winning and losing of this game will be in how we run the ball. KC are surprisingly bad against the run (ranking 24th vs the run) and Knowshon tends to have his best days against the men in red. If we can establish a good ground game we reduce the opportunites for Manning to take a bad hit and only need a passable day from Manning to pull it out. Imo if Manning throws 40 passes tonight we likely lose as he'll probably throw two picks and take a sack fumble, given amount of pressure he'll be under with their pass rush and our pass protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Prefab Sprouter

Well done on last nights game. That was an important win for the Broncos, no question.

Huge win. Delighted with how we handled that, one idiotic botched handoff from Montee Ball aside we made very few mistakes and even he atoned well with two TDs. Probably our best effort of the season, cannot understate how important it was that Manning got through that game untouched, it could be key for the rest of the season, especially if we can keep it up next week. Defence was excellent throughout last night, kept them very quiet for long spells and only allowed them seventeen points out of fourteen possessions. Shaun Phillips was an absolute monster again, arguably the defensive MVP this season for us and is well on pace to have the best season of his career in terms of sacks. Von was quiet though but simply having him on the pitch creates matchup issues and he wasn't likely to be at last year's standards after such a long spell out

Two road games @ NE and @ KC next before the schedule softens out and reads : TEN, SD, @HOU, @OAK. All we realistically need to do in this road trip is win one of the games, preferably at Arrowhead, as the last four games are very winnable and i'd be disappointed if we weren't to win all of them. That would leave us 14-2 and with almost certain homefield. Likewise, how KC do against San Diego next week could decide their season, as losing it would hand them another division loss and likely hand us tiebreaker even if we were to lose at Arrowhead.

Another confortable win - the only downside was the injury to Moore who it looks like will go on IR. Adams is a competent back-up

Hopefully Welker's concussion will not be an issue for next week

Two big games coming up that will decide the seedings - KC have a couple of though games against the Bolts and at home against the Colts - so a win for the Broncos in Arrowhead would put them in poll position. Would be happy with a 1-1 over the next two games as long as the win is in KC.

• Advertisement

Another win, a tough one, I certainly wouldn't call it comfortable tho! Overall I think it was a good team effort.
    Chiefs are a good team, and Smith played better that I thought he would.
    Our D played tough, a good few 3-&-outs and especially that goal-line stand, Johnson's tackle/hit was spot on.
    Kudos to our O-line, they held up well.

Some things that worry me though, especially when we take on more complete teams (ok ok I'm not loosing sleep over it :pac:):

1. Our ability to run time off the clock, we did it last year, but I think this year we're more of a wham-bam-thank-you-mam kind of Offense.
    2. Our run game, I was expecting/hoping Moreno to exploit their supposed weakness, but he only got an average of 2.9! Every run seemed to get smothered up. Imagine if we had Charles, he's so fast/explosive.
    3. Penalties, we gave up a fair few last night, some very silly.
    4. Punt return yardage, we got very little.
    5. Miller still isn't 100%, seemed a little tired/fatigued in the latter stages.
    6. I'm asking myself "why did Smith play ok last night?" > is it just that he is a pretty good/average QB or is it a worry for our D ? no doubt Mr Brady will give us a stern test next week.

/now to watch the Jags/Pats game, I believe they're was a 'controversial' finish, and I bet the game day thread is "buzzing" :P

Another win, a tough one, I certainly wouldn't call it comfortable tho!
    The Broncos went ahead and never looked like being caught - that's is the essence of being comfortable
    Chiefs are a good team, and Smith played better that I thought he would.
    Our D played tough, a good few 3-&-outs and especially that goal-line stand, Johnson's tackle/hit was spot on.
    Kudos to our O-line, they held up well.
    Yes the Chiefs are a decent team - a lot better than the 2-14 of last season - but not as good as the 9-1 of this season. Smith did okay - but he is no game-changer
    1. Our ability to run time off the clock, we did it last year, but I think this year we're more of a wham-bam-thank-you-mam kind of Offense.
    Yes we are - but we did run the ball against the Chiefs - and I expect the Broncos to run it a lot more in Arrowhead.
    2. Our run game, I was expecting/hoping Moreno to exploit their supposed weakness, but he only got an average of 2.9! Every run seemed to get smothered up. Imagine if we had Charles, he's so fast/explosive.
    Moreno is doing a decent job - but, again, is no game-changer. Despite this I think the Broncos did not open up the run playbook on Sunday night and I expect them to have more variety and to be more effective in two weeks.
    3. Penalties, we gave up a fair few last night, some very silly.
    The penalties (and the fumbles) have been a problem all season - and I don't think the Broncos have got a fair crack of the whip from the refs either.
    4. Punt return yardage, we got very little.
    Returns with Holliday are generally either all or nothing - and he did fumble (again).
    5. Miller still isn't 100%, seemed a little tired/fatigued in the latter stages.
    I agree - he has some way to go to get back to last season's performance level.
    6. I'm asking myself "why did Smith play ok last night?" > is it just that he is a pretty good/average QB or is it a worry for our D ? no doubt Mr Brady will give us a stern test next week.
    I don't agree - Smith was 21-45 for 230 yds - i.e. average. Brady will be a stiffer test without doubt and we will miss Moore.

As an add-on - Moore has been placed on IR for 8 weeks and the Broncos have signed Michael Huff as a replacement.

The Broncos went ahead and never looked like being caught - that's is the essence of being comfortable

As an add-on - Moore has been placed on IR for 8 weeks and the Broncos have signed Michael Huff as a replacement.

Looking at it, I certainly wasn't comfortable, maybe semi-comfortable ;)

Smith = ok = average, yep that's what I meant, but I'm just not going to be content with our D until we, say, keep the likes of Brady...........quiet, we'll see next week anyhow, but I'm hopeful :)

Injuries are unreal this season, and not just us, other teams are banged up aswell.
    I guess the team that wins the SB will be the team that has all their main players intact !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Michael Huff signed

Well maybe you can get something out of him as he was horrendous in Baltimore!

If the Ravens come to Mile High in the playoffs expect to see a long bomb over Huff :pac:

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Michael Huff signed

Well maybe you can get something out of him as he was horrendous in Baltimore!

If the Ravens come to Mile High in the playoffs expect to see a long bomb over Huff :pac:

Really don't like the signing, hope it was for depth more than anything. Give me Jammer at safety any day instead.

spiralism wrote: »
    Give me Jammer at safety any day instead.

Now where did I see that name Jammer recently, ah yes, on my 2003 PC version of Madden ! :eek::p
    ie. he's around along time

• Advertisement

spiralism wrote: »
    Really don't like the signing, hope it was for depth more than anything. Give me Jammer at safety any day instead.
    Huff is being signed as back-up cover - nothing more. And there is a possibility that Champ would play FS when he gets back from injury.

How we, ooops, I mean Peyton, threw the ball last week in the 1st Q v KC.
    /some other interesting links there too ;)

Next year's schedule:

2014 Broncos Opponents
    HOME AWAY

Buffalo Bills New England Patriots
    Miami Dolphins New York Jets
    Arizona Cardinals St. Louis Rams
    San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks

/we play in Foxboro AGAIN !!

So we 'suffer' our 2nd loss, and yet again it could & probably should have been so different. We were playing brilliant football up to halftime, especially running the football & on Defense. Commentators: "I've never seen a Belichick coached team playing so badly...".
    But............that 3rd Q killed us. DRC went down, our D changed, and Brady/Gronk/Edelman had a field-day. We then responded well to get a chance of a win but........

Alot of IF's, if JDR doesn't use the T/O's at the end of the 2nd Q then we don't fumble the punt & Brady doesn't get to throw a hail-mary & DRC doesn't get injured !
    If we don't give-up turnovers, & not to Brady & co. (doh!). If we don't get penalised, silly penalties cost us dear at times & 85 yards in summary. If we had of converted on that 3rd turnover, 1st & goal I think it was, we settled for a FG eventually. If CJ hadn't fumbled to waste a down, and if Welker didn't drop a pass for position to kick a FG. If that bounce hadn't...........

Yera, at the end of the day, it's a team loss, to coin a phrase: we didn't execute (100% of the time).

Now onto this week and the re-match, the Chiefs, we really need to win.

The game against the Pats was a game the Broncos should have won - but didn't.

I think the injury to DRC was crucial as, with Moore already out, the back-ups were lost. Moore is the secondary organiser on the field and he was badly missed on Sunday. With DRC playing the Broncos were able to compensate with his shut-down ability - once he was out the secondary was lost and all over the shop.

Injury wise - it looks like Moreno and DRC will play - Julius Thomas is day to day and Vickerson is done for the season. Sylvester will have to step into Vick's shoes and show why the Broncos made him a first rounder.

I think the Broncos win comfortably in KC. Houston is out and with Hali hobbling Manning should have loads of time to pick them apart.

Fumbles..........RB's............ie. it's been an issue !
    Strangely enough, Hillman has only 1 regular season lost fumble, that one against the Colts, which I thought should have been challenged. He actually compares better to Ball in that respect and also his numbers are better. I'm not saying he should definitely be playing, but he does look like he got a raw deal.
    And to make matters worse, Anderson decides to fumble last week aswell !
    It's a pity that they are fumbling, esp at critical times, because if they can correct this issue then we have a solid rushing group, also as JRG has pointed out, Moreno can't keep on trucking, as he will break down.

Hillman:
    4.6 YPA, 9.9 YPR, 1 fumble lost on 52 touches

Ball:
    3.5 YPA, 7.5 YPR, 3 fumbles lost on 83 touches

Hillman has been fumbling less, gaining more yards per carry, and gaining more yards per reception.
    I'm a fan of Ball & I had high hopes for him, but the fumbling issue is a problem.

While I'm on the issue of fumbles, & Manning/Holiday have a few between them, but lets join all the other issues into one and see how we rate with other teams, ie. we're No. 1........on giveaways !!
    We have given up 102 pts !! (next worst is NY Giants on 94)
    .......but lucky for us we're No. 7 on takeaway points @77, but we're still well down the leader-board when both are totted up.

• Advertisement

I'm glad I made the decision to keep Ball in the game :o:pac:, fair play he had a big one.

KC gave us their A game & we had to fight hard for the win. Very proud of the win as they had to dig deep, especially when you consider the injuries (DRC, Walton, Kuper, J.Thomas, Wolfe(seizure), Vickerson, Clady, Bailey (limited) etc), missing our HC & then all of a sudden we're 21-7 down !

Apart from the two picks, Manning was freaking awesome (I hate that word but it's justified here). His throws were on the money and he looked sharp. Decker had a huge night and one that he will remember for a long time.

Onwards & upwards.

I'm glad I made the decision to keep Ball in the game :o:pac:, fair play he had a big one.

KC gave us their A game & we had to fight hard for the win. Very proud of the win as they had to dig deep, especially when you consider the injuries (DRC, Walton, Kuper, J.Thomas, Wolfe(seizure), Vickerson, Clady, Bailey (limited) etc), missing our HC & then all of a sudden we're 21-7 down !

Apart from the two picks, Manning was freaking awesome (I hate that word but it's justified here). His throws were on the money and he looked sharp. Decker had a huge night and one that he will remember for a long time.

Onwards & upwards.
    Big win for the Broncos - it took a while for both the offence and defence to get into their stride but when they did they were effective. I think the defence missed Wolfe and DRC and need both back - although Wolfe's health is clearly a concern. He got food poisoning in training camp - lost 15 pounds and has not been able to put it back on - it looks like there might be some underlying issues that will need to be addressed.

For fup sake, wtf happened, fuuuuup :o:mad:
    /just when I was getting confident of our chances, they go and do that !! Not surprised about our D, they've been below average all year and we needed a big performance out of them last night.

Fair play Chargers, ye were the better team.

Just seen the highlights there now, and I can't believe the scoreline ! I'm guessing their D really stepped up ! and we've fcek all rushing yards ! It looks like they ate up loads of playing time and limited us to 21 minutes. We had a 22% efficiency on 3rd down !

I'm not so sure that home field advantage is something that's absolutely necessary, esp after last year & last night's performance ! What I mean by that is, we're beatable at home in the big games.................and that's very disappointing.

FWIW I think the Pats will lose one more game but does it really matter, ie. we really have to step up a level now and get super consistent from here on in regardless of where we end up playing.

There's only one thing for it now.....................bouncebackability :pac:

Well the Broncos defence is suffering with injuries and Derek Wolfe is out indefinitely with seizure-like symptoms.

Today the Broncos signed former Jags DE Jeremy Mincey who was cut by the Jags on Friday and cleared waviers. Mincey had his best season under JDR in 2011 and has gone off the boil since he signed a 4yr/$20million deal with the Jags. The Broncos will be hoping that JDR can revive Mincey's ability as he has done with Terence Knighton since he signed with the Broncos in the off-season. Mincey will go into the Broncos DL rotation. Centre JD Walton was cut to clear a roster spot for Mincey.

The Texans have reported that Matt Schaub will start at QB for Houston on Sunday instead of Case Keenum.

PFM : 51 TDs < superlative
    That's his 2nd 50 with 2 different teams and 10 years apart, pretty amazing.
    /I've lost count of his & the team's other offensive awards/records :)

I tip my hat to you Mr. Manning, it's been a real pleasure watching you these last 2 years, like poetry in motion.

Also : Moreno, he's having a great year, he has become the 1st player in Broncos history and only 23rd in NFL history w/1,000 rush yds & 500 receiving yards. This feat will probably be overlooked by Peyton's achievements unfortunately.

Also unfortunately Miller went down with his knee last night, suspected ACL although he was spotted w/o crutches or an ice bag, so fingers crossed!

We really can't have any more injuries and expect Peyton to carry the team. The D performed well last night, the Texans only had one significant drive. I'm not sure how Bailey/Mincey played as I only saw highlights. Adams interception was brilliant and turned the game in our favor. Manning (& the receivers) then went into overdrive.

Very surprised at the Ravens, I really thought they would give the Pats a good game but Flacco was the old Flacco, and he's having a torrid year. So we now have to win @ the Raiders and secure home-field.

/BTW the F in PFM stands for...........FiftyOne :)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcToKIE4Nj3WxhScJefRPoXKrQVhZ9jU1WI_Y3d1iyeq3rB2OvuuQw

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

PFM : 51 TDs < superlative
    That's his 2nd 50 with 2 different teams and 10 years apart, pretty amazing.

:confused: I'm afraid it's not, Manning never threw 50TD passes before now. He threw 49 with the Colts back in 2004. If you ask me, he should buy Welker a very big present this offseason. Welker's extra TD's got him over the hump and no doubt if he had of stayed with the Pats, then there is no record. Funny how Welker was involved with both records.

Unfortunately purists of the game will looks at this record and see the huge advantage playing at altitude gave Manning. The regular late 3rd/4th quarter burn out of opposing defenses with oxygen deprivation is a massive advantage to the home team. Giver Rodgers, Brees or Brady such a home field advantage and they been wracking up 50+ TD's no problem.

The 2007 record is much more impressive, mainly because it was achieved at sea level and against a tougher schedule and with a less talented WR corp. No doubt he'll probably 'beat' the yardage record of my beloved Brees. But again, Drew did it at sea level, yes a dome might help a bit but certainly nothing like playing at 5,280 feet does.

Putin wrote: »
    :confused: I'm afraid it's not, Manning never threw 50TD passes before now. He threw 49 with the Colts back in 2004. If you ask me, he should buy Welker a very big present this offseason. Welker's extra TD's got him over the hump and no doubt if he had of stayed with the Pats, then there is no record. Funny how Welker was involved with both records.

Unfortunately purists of the game will looks at this record and see the huge advantage playing at altitude gave Manning. The regular late 3rd/4th quarter burn out of opposing defenses with oxygen deprivation is a massive advantage to the home team. Giver Rodgers, Brees or Brady such a home field advantage and they been wracking up 50+ TD's no problem.

The 2007 record is much more impressive, mainly because it was achieved at sea level and against a tougher schedule and with a less talented WR corp. No doubt he'll probably 'beat' the yardage record of my beloved Brees. But again, Drew did it at sea level, yes a dome might help a bit but certainly nothing like playing at 5,280 feet does.
    There is more than abit of nonsense in this post -

Yes playing at Mile High is an advantage in that opposing defences do run out of steam late in the game - although these days the medical teams have ways of counteracting a lot of the effects at altitude.

Furthermore - playing at altitude has compounding problems that level the paying field - it can get extremely cold making it harder to throw the ball and the ball is like a concrete brick which makes it very difficult to catch. It can also be very windy which makes throwing any pass voer 5 yds a bit of a lottery. Both of these factors benefit a good ground game that eats up the clock and keeps the opposing offence off the field. This was the primary reason why the Chargers beat the Broncos last week when they had almost 40 minutes of possession and ran the ball 44 times in the game. In contrast Denver ran the ball 11 times for 18 yds and were playing catch-up the entire game. Now the weather wasn't the major factor it was the previous week as the temperature 'only' dropped to about minus 5 degress C with light winds

ooops my bad about the 50 TD but the rest.......
    waffle waffle waffle troll troll troll

All I can say is LOL to all that bullshiit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Furthermore - playing at altitude has compounding problems that level the paying field - it can get extremely cold making it harder to throw the ball and the ball is like a concrete brick which makes it very difficult to catch. It can also be very windy which makes throwing any pass voer 5 yds a bit of a lottery. Both of these factors benefit a good ground game that eats up the clock and keeps the opposing offence off the field.

Actually like kicking, a pass will travel easier at altitude than at sea level. Lambeau and Foxboro get very cold during the winter and Foxboro can be very windy. But I don't see Packers or Pats fans making an issue of that. When the Pats bet the Broncos at Foxboro, it was minus -15c during the game, which made it the coldest game this year.
    ooops my bad about the 50 TD but the rest.......

All I can say is LOL to all that bullshiit :)

So you don't like a post and then call someone a troll. Wow, :rolleyes:.

As an avid mountaineer and a qualified Paramedic, I think I'm pretty well qualified to speak on altitude and its effects on the human body and sportsmen.Take the recent FG record, it should be absolutely disregarded because it was kicked at Mile High. Down the years kickers can add an average of 5 yards to their kicks at mile high. So unless Prater kicked a 70-69 Yarder, the record should not apply.

OK I'll break it down for you.
    If you ask me, he should buy Welker a very big present this offseason. Welker's extra TD's got him over the hump and no doubt if he had of stayed with the Pats, then there is no record. BS

Unfortunately purists of the game will looks at this record and see the huge advantage playing at altitude gave Manning. BS The regular late 3rd/4th quarter burn out of opposing defenses with oxygen deprivation is a massive advantage to the home team. BS Give Rodgers, Brees or Brady such a home field advantage and they been wracking up 50+ TD's no problem. BS

The 2007 record is much more impressive BS, mainly because it was achieved at sea level BS and against a tougher schedule and with a less talented WR corp. BS No doubt he'll probably 'beat' the yardage record of my beloved Brees. ;) But again, Drew did it at sea level, yes a dome might help a bit !!!! (cat calling the dog's asre hairy!) but certainly nothing like playing at 5,280 feet does (small advantage, not massive)

Yes, you are trolling and worse still a jealous troll and you're attacking with the Brady-is-better-drivel :o

Leave Peyton have his moment in the sun as you'd be better off going back to Brees and telling him to work on his away form ;)

I'm out, as I'm not going to drag this thread into a trolling match and btw ...........ho ho ho have a Merrrrrry Christmas.

• Advertisement
Advertisement