Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denver Broncos Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

Can I ask where you bought and how much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

We're definitely gonna miss McGahee :(, he was very good in certain circumstances, especially when you need to run time off the clock.
    I don't fancy relying on Knowshow, I'll eat my Broncos hat (of course) if he comes good but he's probably more of a fumbler then McGahee.

poldebruin: imagine if we had Tyrell Davis now :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

poldebruin: imagine if we had Tyrell Davis now :cool:

He'd be about 40 - not much use in today's NFL!

Seriously, if we had Terrell Davis now we'd be Superbowl favourites no doubt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,335 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

poldebruin wrote: »
    Can I ask where you bought and how much?
    http://www.hitjerseys.net, couple of guys have bought from there in the "where to buy an nfl jersey" thread.
    Think it was €25,friend was ordering jerseys so got that to wave the shipping fee

I'd say a RB will be top priority in the draft next year.

As regards Osweiler, I'd really like to see him get a game in before the season is out, I'd imagine he's learned alot from Peyton this year !

I think the club is well positioned atm, the only concerns are at RB & QB (wait, what have I just said :eek::pac:). As regards RB, if we draft a good one next year, then that's sorted (easier said than done of course).
    As regards QB, Manning is briliant for us, but even if he stays healthy, he really only has another year or two left, that means we need a good one ready to rock-n-roll when Peyton steps down. But at least the new kid on the block has a very good foundation.

BTW, where's JollyRedGiant :confused:. I wonder if he's 'enjoying' the season so far ?!

• Advertisement

Yay we're 8-3 :)

....but it was another stuttery performance, especially on offense :o

Moreno had a solid game, 85yds and no fumbles, phew !
    Manning had 285 yds, 2 TD, 60% comp, 1 int, so not too bad by the numbers, but I just feel his completion rate in the last 2 weeks gives me reason to be worried ! Having said that, he (& the team) ran up 6+min in the 4th Q to see the game out.
    Q. Did Kuper play ?

Next week, we will have no opportunity to be stuttery, as the Bucs are too good of a team to afford us that luxury ! The advantage of being at Mile-High is the only luxury we'll have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Was pleased with Moreno myself. Definitely bought himself another shot. He's functional enough to keep defences honest against the run and did a great job yesterday of reading blocks and making people miss. However he's had good games against the Chiefs before....let's see can he keep it up.

Tampa will be another sort of challenge entirely though. High offensive firepower but weak defensively. They do stop the run well, ranking first actually, but are last against the pass, least as far as yards are concerned. This is one of two remaining games left on the board that we could drop (other being @ Balt naturally). However if we win we clinch the AFC West already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭kinnikinnik5

Yay we're 8-3 :)

....but it was another stuttery performance, especially on offense :o

Moreno had a solid game, 85yds and no fumbles, phew !
    Manning had 285 yds, 2 TD, 60% comp, 1 int, so not too bad by the numbers, but I just feel his completion rate in the last 2 weeks gives me reason to be worried ! Having said that, he (& the team) ran up 6+min in the 4th Q to see the game out.
    Q. Did Kuper play ?

Next week, we will have no opportunity to be stuttery, as the Bucs are too good of a team to afford us that luxury ! The advantage of being at Mile-High is the only luxury we'll have.
    Kuper played but he didn't look himself. If Moreno plays like that every week I'll be a happy man. Peyton should be able to throw all over the Bucs. They are last in passing defense. Moreno might have a tough time as they are first in run defense. If our defense can slow down Doug Martin we should be ok. The Chiefs could have been up 14-0 if they stuck to the run. Luckily they decided to get cute. I guess that's why they are 1-10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭PokeHerKing

2012 AFC WEST CHAMPIONS lads!:)

Ravens losing was a nice added bonus too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Houston and New England still have to play, so there's still a very good chance of a bye.

• Advertisement

davyjose wrote: »
    Houston and New England still have to play, so there's still a very good chance of a bye.

@ Baltimore defines this season. 10 day run in and 3 piss games either side. Win that and we're up to #3. Then all we have to do is hope SF or HOU do us a favour.

if we've to travel twice in the AFC playoffs, we're not getting out of them. On the other hand, should we host a divisional game before going to Houston, we'd be in with a good shout.

Woodyard is out for tonight, we'll miss him obviously, but at least the backups aren't too shabby (Trev & DJ) !

Big game this week. Hopefully New England and Houston lose. It would be nice to have home field and a first round bye.

Big game this week. Hopefully New England and Houston lose. It would be nice to have home field and a first round bye.

No Yanda and McClain for Baltimore, Lewis and Suggs only maybes. Possibly Bernard Pollard too. Suggs in particular would be unlikely to be anywhere near 100%.. This is probably our best shot of a win there and we can't go forever without getting one over them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

You'll win. We're absolutely decimated by injury and Manning will tear us a new one because he won't be touched for the whole game. I just don't have any confidence at all unfortunately.

It's a case of which statistic means more !!

Ravens are No 1 in RedZone defense

Broncos are 0-5 on the road against the Ravens

Manning has won his last 8 games against the Ravens (5 in Baltimore)

As regards the playoffs, I see us getting the no 3 seed and possibly playing the Ravens (again!!), but...........one thing I really don't want to see happening is what happened to us last year, we won our 1st game (fair play) but then we had to travel across the country to play the Pats in their backyard, where you only really have 4 days preparation (& the Pats had 2 weeks).

Early Xmas addition to the man cave!

Meanwhile looking ahead !!

BRONCOS 2013 OPPONENTS

HOME
    Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Jacksonville
    Tennessee
    Philadelphia
    Washington
    Baltimore

AWAY
    Kansas City
    Oakland
    San Diego
    Houston
    Indianapolis
    Dallas
    N.Y. Giants
    New England

So that's a fairly tasty (tough!) and exciting AWAY schedule :eek::cool:

Edit: so that's Manning versus: Tebow(possibly), RGIII, Romo, Luck, Brady & ....... the brother :)

No 1 seeds (unbelievable) :D

It's been a tremendous season.
    We hit a low point in SD, 23pts down at halftime, everything going wrong, everyone playing crap, and then...............the turnaround.

I think Manning was the spark for that turnaround, he came out in the 2nd half and had a determination to succeed, he probably played the best football of his life in that 2nd half, and then the whole team responded and we never looked back.
    When you think he was playing with a new team, new teammates, a whole new set-up, a new city, new coaches, new playbook, I think what he's achieved is phenomenal, and then you add in his year out and his surgeries !! :eek::cool:

You're my MVP Mr Manning, take a bow.
    /people will say I'm biased, I don't care

We finished with the number two offence in points scored per game with 30.1 and no. 4 in points allowed with 18.1. This is the best team in the NFL, i just hope we take full advantage of it.

• Advertisement

We couldn't ask to be in a better position (Thanks Indy). Now is the time to take advantage of it. The games are going to start getting nerve racking now.

We couldn't ask to be in a better position (Thanks Indy). Now is the time to take advantage of it. The games are going to start getting nerve racking now.

Since the SD game, I havnt had a moment watching a Denver game where I thought they might lose this. Incredible new but very welcome feeling. I doubt that feeling will continue through the playoffs but I've enjoyed it immensely!

Since the SD game, I havnt had a moment watching a Denver game where I thought they might lose this. Incredible new but very welcome feeling. I doubt that feeling will continue through the playoffs but I've enjoyed it immensely!

Maybe the Bengals game on the road....i'd rather not play them again in all honesty, i want Indy. True though, not used to being this dominant at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

spiralism wrote: »
    Maybe the Bengals game on the road....i'd rather not play them again in all honesty, i want Indy. True though, not used to being this dominant at all
    The Broncos would easily handle the Bengals in Mile High. Both offense and defence are better than they were in week 9.

The last time the Broncos were as dominant as they have been over the past few weeks, was during th SB winning seasons - now we have a dominant defence and an offence that (despite being very good) is still a work in progress - in '96 & '97 the offence was dominant (and pretty much unstoppable) and the defence did all that was necessary to ensure the win. Imagine if Manning had Terrell Davis in the backfield with him :eek:

Incidentally, playoff tickets for the divisional round took all of nine minutes to sell out. Speaks volumes on the Broncos fanbase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

spiralism wrote: »
    Incidentally, playoff tickets for the divisional round took all of nine minutes to sell out. Speaks volumes on the Broncos fanbase

speaks volumes that there were actually tickets on sale.

I wonder how long the divisional round took to sell out in Lambeau :rolleyes:

speaks volumes that there were actually tickets on sale.

I wonder how long the divisional round took to sell out in Lambeau :rolleyes:
    All 76,000+ tickets at Mile High Stadium for both the AFC play-off game and the AFC Championship game (Broncos fans never lack optimism) were put up for sale and sold out in 9 minutes.

Fox news reported last Monday that tickets sellers selling tickets for the Packers/Vikings wildcard game reported ticket sales as 'slow' with one ticket seller who had 4,000 tickets available saying "We're hoping that it picks up. And that Viking fans come a little bit."

There were hopes that the tickets for the game would sell out by Wednesday (yesterday and three days after they went on sale).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

my bad!

I would presume every single playoff game will sell out in minutes. I also presume that with Lambeau's famous season ticket line that they wouldnt put tickets on sale for most games, no mind the playoffs.

my bad!

I would presume every single playoff game will sell out in minutes. I also presume that with Lambeau's famous season ticket line that they wouldnt put tickets on sale for most games, no mind the playoffs.

More than 90% of the tickets at Mile High are season tickets and there is a ten year waiting list (with 32,000 names) to get a season ticket - season ticket prices vary from $450 for the upper tier at the North end of the ground to $1500 for the prime field level seats (2 pre-season and 8 regular season games). Occasionally individual tickets appear on the secondary market with tickets for the AFC play-off at Mile High now fetching close to $500 each.

The Broncos consciously do not sell all their tickets on a season ticket basis.

The Packers have sold out on a season ticket basis since 1960. Because the Packers allow the season tickets to be passed on generationally there is now a waiting list of 86,000 for the Pakcers season tickets.

The Broncos Mile High has a capacity of just over 76,000 and has 100% attendance at all home games (in fact 100.7% capacity because of how they sell the tickets). Lambeau Field has a capacity of just under 73,000 and in 2012 had an average attendance of 70,507 (just under 97% capacity). I suspect their season ticket policy impacts on their actual attendances (they still get the money so don't really care) and on the slow take up of the wildcard game tickets.

• Advertisement

Latest rumour - Norv Turner to replace McCoy as Broncos OC :eek:

Advertisement