Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Cork/Ireland by ferry

Options
  • 10-08-2011 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I left my flights too late and it looks like either way I'll be paying 300 euro to get home at the end of the month.

I've never looked into the ferry method before.

Can anyone suggest the best/cheapest/easiest approach to getting to cork via boat at the end of the month?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bukit Timah

Sail & Rail stena line to Rosslare then take the bus to cork you have to change bus once alright but its not a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,165 ✭✭✭beer enigma

I've used sail & rail several times when I've come home on short notice - Its operated by Eurolines http://www.eurolines.co.uk/coach/Destinations/Cork.aspx - there are toilets on the coach, but no food or drink facilities. It makes several stops en-route to the ferry, but as a last option, its not too bad.

Another one I used during the ash cloud is to fly from Plymouth or Newquay to Cork (propeller planes fly below the ash) - sometimes you get a deal on the air southwest site, but its rare.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭moceri

This provides a direct sailing from Swansea to Cork. If you are making just a short stay you can bring a car return for as little as €81/£71 return

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Bukit Timah

moceri wrote: »
    This provides a direct sailing from Swansea to Cork. If you are making just a short stay you can bring a car return for as little as €81/£71 return

Really I always thought Fastnet was fairly costly, when ever I looked it was over 100e. Do they have a system where if you miss the boat back you suddenly have to pay them extra?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

Thanks guys, I will bring my car cause my cousin had to leave the UK in a hurry so I have to bring all her crap back :(

Fastnetline is coming in at a wopping £285...

It's crazy expensive to get these ferries. Why do people use them at all?

• Advertisement
Advertisement