Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding work for 2nd Visa

Options
  • 10-08-2011 2:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭

I'm going to Oz in November. Will be going on my own to Melbourne as I have friends there and accomodation organised. Friends were lucky enough to be sponsored by their jobs straight away( they are not teachers!)I am going on a WHV. I'm a teacher so was allowing myself a few weeks to settle in, have a holiday/christmas, maybe do a bit of bar work or something before I go back into teaching once schools are back ( so around Feb/March). I will have to do the 3 mths harvest work to get my 2nd yr visa. I'm just wondering how do I go about finding that work? Is there a good website? I heard that it doesn't necessarily have to be farm work, depending on the region. Is there somewhere I can find a list of possible jobs??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

The FAQ or the gov website has the links to what type of areas and general jobs are acceptable.

Farm work is generally casual, and cheap labour, so usually word of mouth and cheap ads (hostels, bulletin boards etc) as opposed to online advertising.
    There is also the harvest trail website, but not sure how up to date that is.

Advertisement