Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary Medical Cert for a Blind Passenger?

• 10-08-2011 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

I know the PMC is mainly for people without the use of their limbs, but does anyone know if a registered blind person can apply for one also?

The person in question is completely blind in both eyes and has been for 20+ years, and as a result of other medical problems is in residential care with the HSE for 20+ years also.

Would this person be entitled to a Primary Medical Cert to avail of the Disabled Passengers scheme?

I know that the guidelines would suggest not, however I realise that exceptions depending on circumstances etc.. can be made.

Does anyone have experience of this?

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭skippy2

Hi Moyglish
    I just checked my form for the options that are available for it to be granted under and they all refer to limbs and because this is a mobility issue I think being blind means you probably do not qualify, but you may need to check this

Advertisement