Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a Dreamcast

Options
  • 10-08-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm not into retro gaming but I have a Sega Dreamcast that I want to sell. I was wondering where would be the best place to get a fair price for it. (It works fine has the appropriate leads, one controller, and Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.) P.S. I also just found a collection of Ps1 games that I would sell!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,799 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Adverts.ie is the best spot to get rid of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭Steve X2

You could always drop into "The RAGE" in Dublin and I'm sure they'd take it off your hands.
    Probably not for as much as someone on adverts but it would be a quick sale if you live around the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I know a chap looking for one, what money are you talking!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd also say Adverts is the place to sell it and get a good price, a sale to a shop will always have to have margins taken into account while selling it yourself, while it may take longer, will mean all the cash will be yours.
    Best thing is to take a look and see what Dreamcasts have been selling for with similar numbers of games, you're in luck because, for a collector starting out, you couldn't do better than Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.
    The PS1 games will shift as a bundle, try not to get too bogged down with splitting them up, that said PS1 games are fetching relatively little these days, or so it seems.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd also say Adverts is the place to sell it and get a good price, a sale to a shop will always have to have margins taken into account while selling it yourself, while it may take longer, will mean all the cash will be yours.
    Best thing is to take a look and see what Dreamcasts have been selling for with similar numbers of games, you're in luck because, for a collector starting out, you couldn't do better than Sonic Adventure and Crazy Taxi.
    The PS1 games will shift as a bundle, try not to get too bogged down with splitting them up, that said PS1 games are fetching relatively little these days, or so it seems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Spoon!!

I was thinking around €50 but I live in Roscommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Nothing wrong with that, I got my Dreamcast for €50, thought it was very fair :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement