Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 3GS Screen Faulty

• 10-08-2011 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭

My iPhone 3GS fell and the screen cracked. The touch still worked and its all grand just except a few shatters, i used it for 2 years and now I saw that they Repair Screens in my town so I brought it there. the man replaced the screen but said the system is not working so when you press 2, 3 comes on the screen. Anyone know what that means or did the man put a wrong screen?:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

yournerd wrote: »
    My iPhone 3GS fell and the screen cracked. The touch still worked and its all grand just except a few shatters, i used it for 2 years and now I saw that they Repair Screens in my town so I brought it there. the man replaced the screen but said the system is not working so when you press 2, 3 comes on the screen. Anyone know what that means or did the man put a wrong screen?:mad:

Not sure what's going on there. I replaced my daughter's screen & LCD 2 weeks ago, couldn't believe how simple it was, and every thing is working fine. Have you tried a restore?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

whats restore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 133 ✭✭mihau

The glass that your man put on is a chinesse copy of what it should be. That's why it's not working properly. Drop me a pm if you want to get it done properly. Cheers.

Chinese Copy? And now the sound isnt working but it works with the headphones? How much is it?

Chinese Copy? And now the sound isnt working but it works with the headphones? How much is it?

With the sound fixed €50. without the sound 45.

• Advertisement

Il see can I get it fixed here and if not ill contact you. Where are you based?

Il see can I get it fixed here and if not ill contact you. Where are you based?

I'm in swords co. dublin. You can post the phone to me and pay over paypal after the repair is finished. Your choice. You tried to get it repaired before in your area and got things worse.

Can I lodge money into a bank account its easier? I gave it to another person atm and he'll see what to do. He also said you cant open the iPhone too many times or else itll completely break so I don't want to brake it all together, it cost a fortune.

He also said you cant open the iPhone too many times or else itll completely break so I don't want to brake it all together, it cost a fortune.

This makes me laugh so hard.:-)))) Anyways. Unless you have a o2 money card no you can't lodge money to bank account.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

He also said you cant open the iPhone too many times or else itll completely break...

He's talking nonsense. All that's wrong with the sound is the speaker cable wasn't reconnected properly.

• Advertisement

My phone is in bits though, you press phone and messages comes up, press ipod and camera opens up. cant type anything. music not working.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

mihau wrote: »
    The glass that your man put on is a chinesse copy of what it should be. That's why it's not working properly. Drop me a pm if you want to get it done properly. Cheers.

Isn't the whole product Chinese?

My phone is in bits though, you press phone and messages comes up, press ipod and camera opens up. cant type anything. music not working.

There's a place in Baggot St - Expresstech - that does iPhone repairs - €59 for screen and install. Friend got it done and highly recommends them.

Im in down south east not in Dublin :/

Im in down south east not in Dublin :/
    You can always post it to me :-)

so if its get lost in the post u pay me for the iphone ;)

so if its get lost in the post u pay me for the iphone ;)
    If you send it with registered post it won't get lost. Cheers.

@mihau what's your business name and address?

I got it done and first day in school and its already cracked again. I took care of it but must be a soft glass. How much would it be?

I got it done and first day in school and its already cracked again. I took care of it but must be a soft glass. How much would it be?

• Advertisement

Got someone for 30 :D

Advertisement