Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swords CC League Race Bog of the Ring 10/8/2011

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

The was another interloper a very experienced Stamullen rider who as he knows the thing to do in that situation if you arrive late is to sit on the back of a group not get in the way.

Person who arrived late jumped in a couple of groups above his ability. He then didn't make he group aware that he was not racing and attacked them. this caused disruption in the group potentially losing them time and possibly not allowing them to stay away for a win. So you might say so waht its only a club league it does no harm but some people take it very seriously. It is a race no matter what.

Toward the end he should have pulled over on the Bog road and sat on the back. Instead he stayed away and was only caught on the final hill. also as Robsaid it has major insurance issues if there was a crash

The rider in question is new ish but has done plenty of open races. I have this year spoken to another rider who I felt was disrespectful to the race. It's agreat league and lots of people put work in to making it successful league. sorry if it sounds harsh but messing around like that wrecks my head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Ah nice to meet you Beasty, thanks to you and another chap in the group for the encouragement when I was caught.
    that was me that dropped back ;). well done on staying away so long,as some body once said "it doesnt get ant easier you just go faster "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Hylander70

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭English Bob

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eiulgP9kR7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just for the record I like the guy but it does seem he upset a few riders. It didnt really bother me tbh. I was just concentrating on not trying to upset Beasty at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The club league is meant to be fun lads!!!!!!! with all the ****e going on in the world lets all just chill and enjoy whats left of the cycling season!!!!!:D

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

No-one was upsetting me "at the time" - I actually thoroughly enjoyed the race, and got exactly what I wanted, a great work-out. I was simply trying to "encourage" others to do the same, in the hope of keeping the marauding hounds at bay;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭shaungil

I've never taken the league seriously I use it for training but it annoys me when people don't give it the respect it deserves.

It is a league designed to encourage people into open racing and thus same rules apply. I had a go at a scratch guy earlier in the year for doing something it's not personal.

Do the race by the rules or if you do turn up follow the rules. Plenty of people take it seriously and they deserve that.

As for cycling being fun I now see where your problem is. It's supposed to be total suffering which is of course my definition of fun;)

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭goldencleric

that was me that dropped back ;). well done on staying away so long,as some body once said "it doesnt get ant easier you just go faster "

Another thanks to you Killalanerr, I thought I was getting dropped until you hung back and told me to spin a higher gear ... I am guilty of trying to mash it up the hills.

The one thing I can take away from the club races is that I now know the true definition of what its like to really suffer! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

The one thing I can take away from the club races is that I now know the true definition of what its like to really suffer! :p

Put in a good Winters' worth of training and you should see a big improvement for next years' league. Keep an eye out on here and also on the club website for info on training groups during Winter.

• Advertisement

As for cycling being fun I now see where your problem is. It's supposed to be total suffering which is of course my definition of fun;)[/QUOTE]

Dread to think what a 'romantic' eve would involve for you!!!

Yea, yea, yea - club races are fun but if you ain't suffering enough you're doing it wrong and all that jazz...

Anyway, back to the interesting part of this thread - nicknames :D

I think that Beasty should now go by the name of "The Hairdryer" because of the sheer amount of hot air expelled from his face-box during the race under the guise of so called "encouragement" to fellow riders :p

Plus he likes Man Utd so the obvious reference there is fortunate.

Shaungil should be T2000. Hell bent on destroying all in his path no matter what he has to go through :D

More suggestions welcome, bit like Shaungil says - it ain't personal so don't make it so :(

As for cycling being fun I now see where your problem is. It's supposed to be total suffering which is of course my definition of fun;)

Dread to think what a 'romantic' eve would involve for you!!![/QUOTE]

Wrong thread Bob! You need the relationships section!!!

Lusk Doyle AKA the milky bar kid!!!!
    If your'e prepared to give it you have to take it!!

Get some sun man!!:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

He is Toothpick Two actually.

Toothpick two or 'Little tooth'!!!?:D

• Advertisement

Raam wrote: »

Coming from Toothpick 1!!!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,657 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    I think that Beasty should now go by the name of "The Hairdryer" because of the sheer amount of hot air expelled from his face-box during the race under the guise of so called "encouragement" to fellow riders :p

Seems to have worked at least in some cases;):
    i was doing my fair share as the big scary man was shouting a lot and i was afraid to miss a turn,
    Ah nice to meet you Beasty, thanks to you ... for the encouragement
    I was just concentrating on not trying to upset Beasty at the time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raam wrote: »

Did you know that Raam likes to ride his bike off sewerage pipes into the sea...:p

I'm going away in three weeks for some!!!

3 weeks of sun = Tango!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

3 weeks of sun = Tango!!!!! Tomato

FYP ...

That's it. I'm going back to group two next week to sort you boys out :mad:

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    That's it. I'm going back to group two next week to sort you boys out :mad:
    You'll need to go further back than that to find Rob;)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,668 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

Beasty wrote: »
    You'll need to go further back than that to find Rob;)

Next year my loud mouthed friend :cool:

Reckon the 'human foghorn' AKA Beasty will have to step up to group 3 next week to fully stamp his authority on the higher ups!!!!;)

Reckon the 'human foghorn' AKA Beasty will have to step up to group 3 next week to fully stamp his authority on the higher ups!!!!;)
    Ardcath ... not a cat in hell's chance. Hopefully it will be dry and I'll find a nice flat track to race on next Wednesday, leaving you guys in peace

Beasty wrote: »
    leaving you guys in peace

Miracles do happen from time to time...

Advertisement