Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can't access my boards account [Ross/Conor]

Options
  • 10-08-2011 4:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Went to log in yesterday and for some reason I couldn't, even though I was on a couple of hours previous. So I clicked on "Forgotten Password", entered my email, received an email from boards.ie, clicked the link in the email and got a reset password emailed to me.

I copied and pasted the password into boards along with my username and get this error:
    You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!
    You have used 4 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.

I've been trying this since yesterday evening and still get the same error, while resetting my password everytime.:confused:

I've emailed Boards and a Mod I know has also posted this in the Admin Drop Box.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=101582 This is my actual account.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've only some general points until an admin checks things:

try to clear any cookies and previously saved passwords from your browser, it may be auto-inserting it's own stored one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Gavinsfc

No luck! :( Cheers for the reply though.

Reset my password again there, and typed it in instead of copying and pasting and still no luck.

Been 3 days now since I emailed Boards and still no reply!

Still waiting on a reply, would have been quicker walking to 10 minutes from my house to their offices at this stage!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 temp1234

Hi my username is youcancallme>al and I'm having the same problem. Myself and Gavin also had the same problem with adverts.ie a couple of months back. Something to do with having special characters in our usernames? I've tried using the contact form 3 times over the last week or so and havent had any reply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Gavinsfc wrote: »
    Still waiting on a reply, would have been quicker walking to 10 minutes from my house to their offices at this stage!:rolleyes:

Apologies for that, there are lots and lots of Admins on holidays (myself included, but that's ok, I'm bored), plus a lot of extremely busy people in Boards.ie HQ.

Anyway, this should be sorted now - check your e-mail.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    Apologies for that, there are lots and lots of Admins on holidays (myself included, but that's ok, I'm bored), plus a lot of extremely busy people in Boards.ie HQ.

Anyway, this should be sorted now - check your e-mail.

Cheers, and cheers.

Still no working though, PM'ed you there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 temp1234

My username is youcancallme>al and I'm having the same problem as the OP. No amount of password resets will let me back into my account. I think the reason this happening is because usernames with special characters has been disabled on vbulletin. This happened a couple of months ago on adverts.ie, me and Gavin "shels" couldn't log in. I havent been to log in since last Wednesday so any help would greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Alan

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

@Tom Dunne - Can you do this one as well please?

Thanks.
    temp1234 wrote: »
    My username is youcancallme>al and I'm having the same problem as the OP. No amount of password resets will let me back into my account. I think the reason this happening is because usernames with special characters has been disabled on vbulletin. This happened a couple of months ago on adverts.ie, me and Gavin "shels" couldn't log in. I havent been to log in since last Wednesday so any help would greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Alan

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Ok, the issue appears to be as indicated above - the special characters in the usernames.

Not a whole lot I can do about that other than change the username. I have therefore marked this thread for our technical gurus to see what their opinion is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

My account is sorted now thanks to Conor. Your best bet is to give him a PM and he'll be able to sort it. Cheers all for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I'm all sorted now, just got the 'special characters' removed from my username by Conor. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement