Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

put a weight on this sea trout?

Options
  • 10-08-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Didnt catch it unfortunately!

But was out for a walk and saw it from a bridge on a river that shall remain nameless :P Couldnt believe it when I just saw it lyng there. Was feeding on something too, one of those times you'd love to have the rod in the back pocket!

How big would ye learned fisher people say it was?

UNfortunately my iphone doesnt really do perspective very well, doesnt give the fish credit. The 3rd pic is from the bridge unzoomed about 15-20 feet up

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Are you sure it was a Sea Trout ? when you say it was feeding what exactly was it doing, feeding from the surface,grubbing in and around the rocks ?

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

the snout on it in the second pic makes me think its a pike and not a sea trout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

Ha, yeah the second pic came out a bit funny. was 100% a seatrout DEFINITELY not a pike. It was lying in the mouth of an estuary and rising to the surface every now and again. I know brown trout and this without a shadow of a doubt wasnt one.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Not much there to give a scale to it unfortunately.
    If pushed I'd venture 2lbs - 4lbs?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭stylie

Its an awful spot to lie for a sea trout, so I thought either diseased salmon or mullet, cant guess the size from the pics so will say 6lb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭thehamo

stylie wrote: »
    Its an awful spot to lie for a sea trout, so I thought either diseased salmon or mullet, cant guess the size from the pics so will say 6lb

yeah, deffo not a mullet, could tell by the spots on its back, fins etc. The river in question ive never heard of salmon ever being there before but could have been a once off??

Advertisement