Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Continued direct debit charging after closing a/c

• 10-08-2011 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Recently I checked a bank statement and saw that stated DD OP/E.S.B. SUPPLY a few times

I used to pay by direct debit but it should have been cancelled when I moved house a while back. It would seem I've been paying the esb bill of the next tennants that moved in to the house. I was wondering what steps I can take to get this sorted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi rhyn :)

Just to clarify: in whose name was the account by the time you moved address? E.g. the landlord's, or one of the new housemate's?

Una

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rhyn

Hi Una, when I moved in the estate agents took my details and set up the esb a/c for me. When I moved out it should have been cancelled but I just noticed that money is still going from my a/c to esb. It's only a small amount (25-30 euro) every few months so I didn't notice until now, I've been on my own banks online service and the direct debit to esb has been cancelled. So I'm not sure about who's name the account was changed to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

PM sent to rhyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭fearbainne

I have the same problem, could you help me out? moved out and paid my final bills 1st of June, got a bill for June and July there recently coming out of my account, the agency my house was with said they took me off it, help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 rhyn

It hasn't been sorted with me yet but it seems the only way to sort it out is to ring up the esb and tell them when you moved out, get them to ring the landlord/estate agent to confirm it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Mark

PM sent to rhyn and fearbainne

Advertisement