Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Watery Eye Sufferers

• 10-08-2011 4:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hey Girls,

I have a problem going on with my eyes of late. I am a freelance MUA so have to wear a decent amount of eye make up on a daily basis. This is fine as I love to try out all different looks and products.

However lately wearing eye makeup has caused my eye to uncontrollably water and I haven't changed to a brand that I'm not used to so don't think it's an allergy.....I'm wondering if anyone else suffers from this?

If so any recommendations for what I can do to dry it up??

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

You are using primers to set it in yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Do you get hayfever? I'd say go into a pharmacist and ask them if there are eye-drops that might help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

Yeah use primers and have been using drops for the last few days but it's not making any difference.

It's just the left eye right at the outer corner and very annoying as I leave my house and my make up is perfect but after about an hour the outer corner has bled....

Frustrating!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I have a number of eye shadows and this started happening without me buying any new ones. I worked out which ones cause it and which don't. I seem to be allergic to glittery bits, it seems to be causing the eye watering. I've had to stop using them and it's stopped. It was the same problem, it was at the corner of my eye and it used to get raw from me wiping it all the time.
    I also found shimmery powders were causing it.

I had to stop using the Urban Decay Naked Palette and a Too-Faced Leopard Bronzer for example. Even eyeshadows which were in the same palette as glittery ones but not glittery themselves were bad as they had tiny particles that had migrated from the others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Resi12

Have you started using any different eye make up since it happened? Anything in your routine to irritate it?

I.E. Are you sure it is the eye make up and not something else? Perhaps it's an infection or something got into your eye to irritate it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Not sure whats causing it for you op, but this started happening to me a couple of years ago. I figured i might have slight hay fever so i just carry antihistamines with me and use them when i feel it's starting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

vitamin A, or more over the vitamin A in carrot juice may help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

Liz earle's eye bright does wonders for me when i get watery eyes. I generally get a stinging too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 810 ✭✭✭ha-ya-said-what

Happens me allll the time of late, and it's cos I'm tired getting up, having to rush around, put on make up and get out the door for work! My eyes are fully awake, so eyelids aren't fully open shall we say, so that ever so slight little drop in the lash from being tired causing the mascara to irritate my eye on the outer corners and make my eyes all watery & vision blurry. If I'm tired getting up and leaving for work I won't put on the full on eye make up till I get to work ( I get in early and no one around to see me) so I put the rest on there and it's solved the watery eye issue for me. But if it's a case where I'm just pure run down and tired, forget it the eye make up makes my eyes water non stop and it doesn't stop until I get proper rested!! :rolleyes: feel like a freak now lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 380 ✭✭gigawatt

you should try taking some oils such as fish oils, evening primrose or udos oil. watery eyes is often caused by a lack of essential fatty acids, the reason is that there are lipids in your tears and a lack of them means the eyes aren't lubricated properly and the eye tries to compensate by overproducing tears.its a very common problem and if you find you have dry patches on the skin it also indicates a lack of EFAs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement