Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone repair policy: Desire HD

• 10-08-2011 4:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭

I signed up for a new Vodafone contract in February with the HTC Desire HD.

2 weeks ago this phone stopped functioning for the third time since I first received it.

Each of the previous 2 times the phone went away for a repair I was without it or any replacement phone for 4weeks (I used an older phone of my own that had no data capability).

I cannot understand why this product, obviously not fit for purpose cannot be replaced at the point of sale like any other item bought through a retail outlet.

Vodafone have refused to refund me any of the money I paid for a data facility that I couldn't use because of a defective product that they supplied to me.

When I signed up for this contract for the 18 month period it was because I was getting this device at a lower cost than the sim-free RRP, it makes no sense, that when the product, that is the reason you sign this contract is defective / not fit for purpose that you do not have the right to exit the contract.

Can any of the users of the forum offer any advice here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Sorry if you have already tried, but you could give the Vodafone forum a go.

Vodafone forum

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I thought it was policy to replace the phone the 3rd time?

Anyway if it's not fit for purpouse demand your money back and cancel the contract.
    Write them a letter outlining the issues and cancel the direct debit.
    Get on the phone, ask for a manager and explain your suitation.
    9 times out of 10 that will get you what u want.

I've had to deal with vodafone like this before, got credit back for services I didn't recieve and got a replacement phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

dooferoaks wrote: »
    Sorry if you have already tried, but you could give the Vodafone forum a go.

Vodafone forum

I've created a thread there cheers, no reply as yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭laugh

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I thought it was policy to replace the phone the 3rd time?

Anyway if it's not fit for purpouse demand your money back and cancel the contract.
    Write them a letter outlining the issues and cancel the direct debit.
    Get on the phone, ask for a manager and explain your suitation.
    9 times out of 10 that will get you what u want.

I've had to deal with vodafone like this before, got credit back for services I didn't recieve and got a replacement phone.

The girl in the vodafone shop said it would definitely be replaced this time and that if I called "vodafone care" they would refund me the money paid for data during the periods.

When I called 1907 yesterday after trying to get through to the shop 4/5 times to get an update, I was told it wasn't policy to refund the money for data, that the contract I signed was for the plan and not the phone by some weird logic, and that if the phone breaks again it would be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭OREGATO

In a similar position myself.

Phone went off for repair over 10 days ago. Had to go into the Vodafone shop to get an update, only to be told that the phone was sent back to HTC for repair.. so it could be up to a month before I get it back.

No replacement phone or anything..

• Advertisement
Advertisement