Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Original Xbox full PAL collection.

• 10-08-2011 4:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭

If someone was to offer me a complete Xbox PAL collection what would a fair price be?

All in mint boxed condition(guy's a collector like most of us here).

Now, I have to confirm it is in fact a complete collection but I do know the guy selling so it probably is and they are definitely in mint condition. If its not complete I'd says its very close to it.

So, how much??????

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I don't know, but if you decide to buy the lot, hook me up with some of the games if you don't want them all :pac:

I've got *somewhat* of a collection going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I don't know, but if you decide to buy the lot, hook me up with some of the games if you don't want them all :pac:

I've got *somewhat* of a collection going.

Will see how it goes. If i have doubles i might get rid of some of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

if i am right there are 500 ish titles

So average €5 a pop so €2500 for the lot

But offer 2 mars bars and a packet of Skips as your opening gambit:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,269 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

:eek: that must take up some amount of shelf space.

Would be nice to have a big complete collection like that. If I were you I'd do some research into what the super rare Xbox PAL games are (if there are any that is) just to be sure they're all there.

Does it come with Steel Battalion?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Ah but out of the lot (think there's 800ish?), how many will be shovelware? What has the Xbox really got that's rare? Steel Battalion is nice to have (presuming it's included), but bar the likes of Shenmue 2 and few others that would go around the 15 mark, there is nothing at all remotely expensive. I'd value it at closer to the 1600 mark.

• Advertisement

Well he has Steel Battalion with everything (easy to spot in a pic :) ).

There'd be a lot of choice for me as I don't own a PS2 :)

€950

Collection is not complete, he is missing about 25 games (mostly EA stuff).

I've yet to physically inspect it but everything seems in order. Looks like its time to get my retro suitcase out again :D

It's a good price but its still €950 I could be spending elsewhere, or not spending at all.

Master of the Universe

Fair play man! That's a lot of money, but for a big collection that's only 25 titles off complete it seems really good.

Now, can't wait to see you tearing your hair out hunting down those last games :D

Come up with a list and we can all help ye look ;)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fair play man! That's a lot of money, but for a big collection that's only 25 titles off complete it seems really good.

Now, can't wait to see you tearing your hair out hunting down those last games :D

Come up with a list and we can all help ye look ;)

I could get an Egret 2 and some new parts for that :o

Have decided one candy is not enough so am now looking to get another one. Maybe Egret 2, maybe something else :D

Not sure what to do now. Xbox collection or the price of another cab.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

If I had the space and a lady friend who wouldn't beat me to death at the sight of a second cab then I'd go with that option.

One horizontal, one vertical. Live the dream!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Agree with o1s1n, I'd defo go the second cab route too. Another candy or maybe an original of some sort, like the below. I could never see myself playing even a small % of those xbox games whereas a cab would get more use.

snv31610.jpg

If I had the space and a lady friend who wouldn't beat me to death at the sight of a second cab then I'd go with that option.

One horizontal, one vertical. Live the dream!

Yeah, that's sort of the plan.
    Don't fancy rotating the monitor on an Egret 3 all the time.

Once we find someone to take the foster dog we have at the moment I'll have more room in the kitchen (where he sleeps at the mo). Plus I don't trust him on his own in a room with 2 cabs (I'm fairly certain he's the type to play vertical shmups without rotating the monitor first :eek: ).

Anyone looking for a very friendly cool dog(american bulldog cross)? Check out the charity I support(www.adogslife.ie) and look for Val (Valentine).

In giving this lovely dog a home(after a home check) you will enable another candy cab to find a loving home in Ireland :D

Master of the Universe

That FZero cab is amazing. I'd say it cost him a few euro.

Steve - why don't you rotate the monitor on your current cab as use it for vertical. It'll save you having to get a new control panel as shooters never really require more than four buttons.

Then get a horizontal one with two 6 button set ups sent over?

Fair play on trying to home the dog! My mam found a really docile Lurcher across the road from their house two days ago which was on deaths door.

Managed to rehome the thing already.

That FZero cab is amazing. I'd say it cost him a few euro.

Steve - why don't you rotate the monitor on your current cab as use it for vertical. It'll save you having to get a new control panel as shooters never really require more than four buttons.

Then get a horizontal one with two 6 button set ups sent over?

Fair play on trying to home the dog! My mam found a really docile Lurcher across the road from their house two days ago which was on deaths door.

Managed to rehome the thing already.

Well, the Egret 3 wont be here until next week at the earliest(long story with much sadness and then joy).
    I'm still not sure what I'll be playing most, shmups or fighters etc.
    But I think I will leave the Egret 3 in horizontal setup for a while at least.

Good news on re-homing that dog so fast :)

We've had Val for about 5 months now. It's hard to rehome these kinds of dogs as they have a bad rep, even though most of them are real babies.
    He lives with our own dog(Daisy) and she's a placid Golden Retriever but is still the boss of him.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Don't think the Xbox collection is really great value, so many of the games also turn up on the PS2 and GC, the console exclusives probably number in the 50's and could be picked up at Sunday markets, that's where a lot of mine came from, as well as being rescued from being dumped in the Gamestop warehouse!

The idea of a candy cab is a pretty good way of spending your money, particularly if you pop in a decent PC to run on it, along with, well, everything!

That said I'd be going down the Mame route myself but build a custom cab, and with the change get a dedicated Robotron cab, that game is digital crack, I wonder if I could stretch to a Defender cab as well....

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Don't think the Xbox collection is really great value, so many of the games also turn up on the PS2 and GC, the console exclusives probably number in the 50's and could be picked up at Sunday markets, that's where a lot of mine came from, as well as being rescued from being dumped in the Gamestop warehouse!

The idea of a candy cab is a pretty good way of spending your money, particularly if you pop in a decent PC to run on it, along with, well, everything!

That said I'd be going down the Mame route myself but build a custom cab, and with the change get a dedicated Robotron cab, that game is digital crack, I wonder if I could stretch to a Defender cab as well....

Yeah, I have a decent MAME(Hyperspin really) PC more or less ready to go in the Egret 3 along with an MVS 1 slot so that's probably how that will stay. Although I'm sure I'll be swapping in a few JAMMA boards here and there as well as hooking up a naked slim 360 inside it as well.

If I pick up a second candy then I'd have more internal space to stick other machines and consoles(Dreamcast and whatever else takes my fancy).

Hmm, this Xbox collection plan is starting to get a bit smelly and mouldy in my mind now. Two candies would be sweet alright.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Well, the Egret 3 wont be here until next week at the earliest(long story with much sadness and then joy).
    I'm still not sure what I'll be playing most, shmups or fighters etc.
    But I think I will leave the Egret 3 in horizontal setup for a while at least.

Good news on re-homing that dog so fast :)

We've had Val for about 5 months now. It's hard to rehome these kinds of dogs as they have a bad rep, even though most of them are real babies.
    He lives with our own dog(Daisy) and she's a placid Golden Retriever but is still the boss of him.

Well I guess you'll still be able to play horizontal shooters. I've yet to come across a horizontal fighter :D (No Super Puzzle Fighter does not count!)

Was good news about the dog alright. My parents already have two so couldn't keep it. Would have killed my mam to have to bring it to the pound. Pretty sure nobody would have taken him and he would have been off to the great kennel in the sky within about 5 days.

Good luck with Val anyway. It is indeed hard to home any kind of dog with a bad rep, even if they are lovely :(

You know that nice little sensation you get when you plug a cartridge into a console? Well it magnifies by about a million when you plug an arcade PCB into a JAMMA harness!

Pain in the arse to store though. I think for the moment when I get the candy sorted I'm going to get one of those Neo Geo multi boards you have just so I don't have to leave a mess of games beside it in the sitting room.

I take it he isn't going to split up the games? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Hmm, this Xbox collection plan is starting to get a bit smelly and mouldy in my mind now. Two candies would be sweet alright.

Get another cab.

/thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Problem with the multi carts is you not only get the games you want, you wind up with Super Rainbow Fighter Hack or some such sh1te as well, and not just one of them either!
    And despite the games you do want to play, that one, that really special one you really want? Well that won't be there!
    But they'll find the space to put a much hack of Metal Slug, but no Aerofighters 2 or similar.
    Just check the game listing.

Love my MVS though, for all the play it gets, gives me an excuse to ship out the Neo Geo controller or my Frankensteins monster of a hacked DC Arcade stick.

Reminds me, I have a NeoGeo Pad there, if anyone wants to trade, just saying like....

Problem with the multi carts is you not only get the games you want, you wind up with Super Rainbow Fighter Hack or some such sh1te as well, and not just one of them either!
    And despite the games you do want to play, that one, that really special one you really want? Well that won't be there!
    But they'll find the space to put a much hack of Metal Slug, but no Aerofighters 2 or similar.
    Just check the game listing.

Love my MVS though, for all the play it gets, gives me an excuse to ship out the Neo Geo controller or my Frankensteins monster of a hacked DC Arcade stick.

Reminds me, I have a NeoGeo Pad there, if anyone wants to trade, just saying like....

This is a link to the game list of the 161 in 1 multi cart I have.

http://www.arcademachines.ie/shopping/userfiles/file/161%20In%201%20MVS%20List.pdf

I do wish they had an option on the menu to hide all the crappy hacks and mods. It's nice to have them I guess for a change but I'd rather they were in a hidden or at least separate menu.

The Multicarts are nice to have though and the more recent ones have less problems. But if you run them on a multi slot mvs board they still have some issues.

Get a multicart and then slowly get all the original carts of the games you like/want is the way I see it. At least you can play the games on original hardware until you get the original carts and it's not done with emulation as the carts just have a gimp load of chips on them storing the games. I actually opened up an original cart and my multi cart to have a look and they sure are jamming a load of chips in them multi's.

Master of the Universe

Get a multicart and then slowly get all the original carts of the games you like/want is the way I see it. At least you can play the games on original hardware until you get the original carts and it's not done with emulation as the carts just have a gimp load of chips on them storing the games.

Heh, did it the other way around myself! Have close to 40 MVS carts but they're all sitting out in my grandparents spare bedroom. It was one box I managed to convince them to let me keep downstairs and not consign to the attic!

So the multi board would just really be a space saver at the moment. You wouldn't believe how much space that many MVS carts take up.

Do the full non hack games run alright? Any noticable glitches or anything?

Advertisement